1A Championship Cornersville vs Whitwell

TheBigDawg

1 minute ago, BulldawgsRise said:

To be fair that South Pitt team was insanely good and could shut down just about anyone LMBO

Yes, you know I don’t brag on SP much, but that 2007 team... Wow... If we had that team this season we wouldn’t be getting ready to roll. Unfortunately those teams don’t come around very often. Man oh man SP was unreal that season though. That 2007 SP team would have beaten our team this year by 40. 

4 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

Yes, you know I don’t brag on SP much, but that 2007 team... Wow... If we had that team this season we wouldn’t be getting ready to roll. Unfortunately those teams don’t come around very often. Man oh man SP was unreal that season though. That 2007 SP team would have beaten our team this year by 40. 

It’s a team that you wish the season didn’t have to end or you never had to see any of the boys leave. I remember watching them play McKenzie in state and hearing about them all season. I was in awe watching how well they executed on the field, didn’t look much like a normal 1A team. 

1 hour ago, Jobres76 said:

I honestly believe this will be a tremendous game between two great teams. No doubt Whitwell has played some very tough teams and come out on top. These two teams will come prepared and ready to play no doubt. I received the roster for Whitwell this morning and saw it posted last night. If I am counting correctly, there are 34 young men on the roster. Where this game could get interesting is the depth factor. Cornersville comes in with 50+ on the roster, most all with quite a bit of game experience this year. I am not saying the Whitwell guys aren't the same way. If I remember correctly, I believe I said in the LC post that it isn't the speed of Cornersville that will get you, it is the relentless pounding the opposing team takes on offense and defense. I saw it against Huntingdon and against LC, and for that matter the whole season. After a little bit, both sides of the ball started shying away from contact. Not saying that will happen Saturday, just saying that as a DAWG fan and watching every game this season live and in person, that is one thing I noticed, especially against teams that were not very deep on the roster. Greenback taught this team quite a bit last season and I think they have learned very well.

Best of luck to both teams and hope everyone is healthy and strong come Saturday.

I have said this since beginning of the year, depth won't be an issue.  We may have low roster numbers but most of them see play.   We are very deep up front on both sides.

14 minutes ago, BulldawgsRise said:

It’s a team that you wish the season didn’t have to end or you never had to see any of the boys leave. I remember watching them play McKenzie in state and hearing about them all season. I was in awe watching how well they executed on the field, didn’t look much like a normal 1A team. 

You are right. That team could have competed well in several classes. It had size and speed. They could run over you, around you, and throw it on you.  They just seemed to toy with a lot of teams. 

5 minutes ago, TigerfootballFan said:

I have said this since beginning of the year, depth won't be an issue.  We may have low roster numbers but most of them see play.   We are very deep up front on both sides.

That’s a lot due to you coach. You’ve done a great job with them this season. Whitwell has some pretty good linemen, but make no mistake. Their strength lies with some great skill kids. #3, #31, #15, #20, #4, and #7 are all stud players. 

1 minute ago, 3Tiger said:

We will drag Whitwell up and down the field like the Alabama in breads they are . Their offensive line is made up of a bunch a thugs and criminals and could not block their own shadows. I've never seen a worse team ever in my life, they must have bought off the ref's the last two game but the are too poor to buy a coke at half time so it has to be luck .They had a parade after the last game it was a man riding a cow ringing a bell. I here banjos playing every time I drive thru that town.

Oh ok

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 3Tiger said:

We will drag Whitwell up and down the field like the Alabama in breads they are . Their offensive line is made up of a bunch a thugs and criminals and could not block their own shadows. I've never seen a worse team ever in my life, they must have bought off the ref's the last two game but the are too poor to buy a coke at half time so it has to be luck .They had a parade after the last game it was a man riding a cow ringing a bell. I here banjos playing every time I drive thru that town.

This could be the lamest attempt to fire up a team from one of their own people that I’ve ever seen. Good grief.. at least make it believable. LMBO

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

You are right. That team could have competed well in several classes. It had size and speed. They could run over you, around you, and throw it on you.  They just seemed to toy with a lot of teams. 

I wish CA could have a team like that. The closest we had was in 2014. We could run and pass on anyone and had great size. Obviously no where even in the same realm as that SP team 

10 minutes ago, 3Tiger said:

This is pathetic. I mean you are so dumb that you didn't even think to make your screen name resemble a Cornersville fan. SMH 

Edited by leadfarmer