1A Championship Cornersville vs Whitwell

TheBigDawg

1 hour ago, TheAmbassador said:

A couple of things. This Whitwell team is a good team, but don’t mention them in the same breath as 2007 SP. That would have been bad. LMBO

Didn’t McKenzie have a great QB that played at a high level? That McKenzie team and this Cornersville team are also two completely different style teams. 

That’s what I meant by my initial statement. No way you can compare the two teams 

Just now, rlh said:

We ragged them down pretty good and they threw some completed passes on 4th and a country mile a couple of times during the last 4 minutes of the 4th qtr. 

I was there and I about tore the fence down from a couple calls from the refs and a few 4th down conversions they made. I may owe them some cyclone fencing repair Bill's. :smile:

1 hour ago, 3Tiger said:

We will drag Whitwell up and down the field like the Alabama in breads they are . Their offensive line is made up of a bunch a thugs and criminals and could not block their own shadows. I've never seen a worse team ever in my life, they must have bought off the ref's the last two game but the are too poor to buy a coke at half time so it has to be luck .They had a parade after the last game it was a man riding a cow ringing a bell. I here banjos playing every time I drive thru that town.

Weeeeee doggie Whitvillian.

giphy.gif

Edited by Southtowner
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

The placement of the 2007 SP team around the 3-4 mark like Bass said is correct.  That just wasn't the cream of Class 1A that year but an all around great Class A team.  Old school folks know what that means.

That was one heck of a team,these teams couldn't compete. NOT

4 minutes ago, pujo said:

That was one heck of a team,these teams couldn't compete. NOT

You are correct. Most of our recent teams at SP would have been mashed by that 2007 team. That 1999 team was as well. They beat Courtland which won  the state in Alabama that year. Both of those SP teams were just lethal and among some of the best ones in the past 30 years. 

Edited by TheAmbassador