1A Championship Cornersville vs Whitwell

TheBigDawg

I can see pros and cons of both staying the night prior and coming up the morning of. However, it’s interesting that Cornersville is approx. 140 mi from Cookeville & Whitwell is about 75 mi from Cookeville and it’s the Dawgs coming in the morning. There’s something to say about sleeping in your own bed (and not in a hotel with 35 teenage buddies). Anyway, safe travels to both. 

P.S. - Tha tigers looks pretty big and fast on film. I was impressed with what I saw. However, I saw the CornDogs live & in color on Paul’s Turf and they are the best defensive team I’ve ever witnessed in 1A football. They play assignment football. Quick to the ball and FIZ-UH-KOOL. I expect a great, great game. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, fullbackdive said:

I can see pros and cons of both staying the night prior and coming up the morning of. However, it’s interesting that Cornersville is approx. 140 mi from Cookeville & Whitwell is about 75 mi from Cookeville and it’s the Dawgs coming in the morning. There’s something to say about sleeping in your own bed (and not in a hotel with 35 teenage buddies). Anyway, safe travels to both. 

P.S. - Tha tigers looks pretty big and fast on film. I was impressed with what I saw. However, I saw the CornDogs live & in color on Paul’s Turf and they are the best defensive team I’ve ever witnessed in 1A football. They play assignment football. Quick to the ball and FIZ-UH-KOOL. I expect a great, great game. 

I’m not sure they are THE best 1A defensive teams I’ve seen but they’re definitely very very high up there. They’ve allowed 41 points all year on their starters. 15 totals points on them in the semi and quarterfinals combined. That’s pretty impressive. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, fullbackdive said:

One of my old Richland buddies said Cornersville plays “ brutal lights out football “ I guess that’s one way to describe it:D

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, pujo said:

Not even a game but that wasn't really one of Hamptons strongest teams, The team that played you all was much better. Beating Hampton didn't impress me ,it was their other work. I'd give that team an edge over the 2007 pirates.

To be honest, Hampton rolled in to SP with that gargantuan Ol and DL and were supposed to push our guys around, but they man handled that 7 ft 330 pound linemen and the smaller Pirate line had their way with him and the rest of the line.  That Pirate OL was underrated that year.  So was the DL.

Edited by rlh

1 minute ago, DawgsBy90 said:

Believe the word you're looking for is "rid" 

It's ok words are hard.

Just hope y'all play better than y'all talk

Alright nimrod.  I will switch from my phone.  Trust me when I say I am not a Whi-wuhl fan.  If all you got is my phone correct rid to read before I sent it, you better tag out and send in Cornerback10.

18 minutes ago, fullbackdive said:

I agree.  SP screwed up by having the kids up there in 2013.  In fact, it bled over into the 2014 season which was a mess.

19 minutes ago, fullbackdive said:

The best you’ve ever witnessed? LMBO.. How old are you? I know they have a good 1A team, but good grief.