3A Title Game - Alcoa vs Covington

CHARGERFAN

25 minutes ago, daddymacvols said:

Alcoa is a great team no doubt about it. Do not turn the ball over and run right at the teeth of their defense. They do not defend the out routes very well. They do play the deep ball well. Alcoa is beatable but you have to play close to perfect football to beat them. No turnovers watch the fake handoff to the running back and Russell keeps it up the middle. If we would have defended that play and a hook and ladder we had them. Russell had 101 yards rushing and only 54 passing we had pressure on him alot of the night and he was uncomfortable passing but his two runs up the middle especially the last one for 50 yards. That sealed the game. I do not know what Covington has so I can't speculate what the score might be. If you are Covington don't shy away from Alcoa. I say if Alcoa has success early Alcoa will win by 2-3 scores. Covington will have to keep Alcoa bottled up in the backfield and not get beat outside. If you bottle up the run and force Russell to pass and put pressure on him Covington will have a chance. I would say closer than the experts think but Alcoa wins 24-21. That's if Covington plays good D and if they keep it close. Covington will have to force Alcoa into the 4th quarter with a really close game.

We were only down three with nine minutes to go last year but fumbled in end zone and it was pretty much done after that. They are definitely tough to beat but our kids will battle them.

Edited by bglass

4 minutes ago, 00Chargers said:

Is there game footage of the Upperman/Alcoa game online anywhere?

No need for film Charger. Just go by what Mr. Butthurt is stating above. His bees actually beat Alcoa like a drum. The Tornadoes were never in the game. They are just a bunch of out of shape young men with absolutely no athletic talent whatsoever. The coaching staff is terrible and the only reason why Alcoa is playing Saturday is because the officials got the final score mixed up on the score board... :thumb: 

18 minutes ago, bglass said:

We were only down three with nine minutes to go last year but fumbled in end zone and it was pretty much done after that. They are definitely tough to beat but our kids will battle them.

Alcoa was only up by three points last year with nine minutes to go and ended up winning 31-14. Well, 31-20 because of a TD in the final seconds with the Tornado reserves in the game. Covington played tough. I’m sure our kids will battle them again this year....Not that anything from LAST YEAR has anything to do with THIS YEAR though....:rolleyes:

40 minutes ago, Throwdeslant said:

No need for film Charger. Just go by what Mr. Butthurt is stating above. His bees actually beat Alcoa like a drum. The Tornadoes were never in the game. They are just a bunch of out of shape young men with absolutely no athletic talent whatsoever. The coaching staff is terrible and the only reason why Alcoa is playing Saturday is because the officials got the final score mixed up on the score board... :thumb: 

:lol::roflol:Yea, I keep hearing how Upperman  pushed ya'll around all night and still lost by 13. You would think that if you were dominating the defense that bad and getting 6,7,8 yards a rush, you put up more than 14. 

22 minutes ago, Throwdeslant said:

Alcoa was only up by three points last year with nine minutes to go and ended up winning 31-14. Well, 31-20 because of a TD in the final seconds with the Tornado reserves in the game. Covington played tough. I’m sure our kids will battle them again this year....Not that anything from LAST YEAR has anything to do with THIS YEAR though....:rolleyes:

You're right.....we made mistakes and paid. That's sound football on Alcoa's part. If you turn the ball over, they will most likely put points on the board. And they protect the ball well. Wheeler knows we will have to play a nearly perfect game to come out on top. I'm sure he is stressing ball protection. 

30 minutes ago, Throwdeslant said:

Yep a fumble recover for TD in endzone and another interception that y’all almost ran back will lead to a quick 14 points. I saw y’alls # 98 on film and he’s gotten a lot bigger, my son blocked him a lot last year and he wasn’t near that big — y’all got them boys on them roids up there?? Lol

13 minutes ago, 00Chargers said:

:lol::roflol:Yea, I keep hearing how Upperman  pushed ya'll around all night and still lost by 13. You would think that if you were dominating the defense that bad and getting 6,7,8 yards a rush, you put up more than 14. 

It is what it is Charger. If Alcoa played Upperman 9 more times, you would get the same result. Seems like this year all we’ve heard are moral victories from a few of the opposing teams because the score wasn’t 100-0. Oh well, I guess you can’t win them all, especially with some of the ones you actually won...:roflol:

3 minutes ago, bglass said:

Yep a fumble recover for TD in endzone and another interception that y’all almost ran back will lead to a quick 14 points. I saw y’alls # 98 on film and he’s gotten a lot bigger, my son blocked him a lot last year and he wasn’t near that big — y’all got them boys on them roids up there?? Lol

Those were huge defensive plays, I’ll give you that. Alcoa had a pretty bad turnover as well. Didn’t result in points, but probably gave up at least 3 by it?? None us us are thinking this is going to be a cake walk. Was very impressed with what we got from Covington last year with the amount of players that took the field. Well coached and very good looking athletes. A couple of us thought before the game that y’all were fielding some of the LSU players. As far as roids, nah just meat and potatoes with a little pistol creek water and a bunch of hard work bro. Congrats to your son. Most never get the chance to make this game. That’s an accomplishment he will be proud of for the rest of his life!:thumb:

2 hours ago, 00Chargers said:

If you don't believe me go and watch the whole game and just see for yourself. Nfhsnetwork.com you might have to pay 9.95 for it but you can see the whole game and yu can see all the phantom calls. Find out how many yards we got every time and in the 4th quarter please look and see who was worn out Mr. 3 deep at every position tape won't lie. Gary Rankin was right when he said yall were lucky to get out of Baxter with a win.

1 minute ago, daddymacvols said:

If you don't believe me go and watch the whole game and just see for yourself. Nfhsnetwork.com you might have to pay 9.95 for it but you can see the whole game and yu can see all the phantom calls. Find out how many yards we got every time and in the 4th quarter please look and see who was worn out Mr. 3 deep at every position tape won't lie. Gary Rankin was right when he said yall were lucky to get out of Baxter with a win.

Why would he pay 9.95 when he can read your crap for free. :lol: Nothing like free comedy. :roflol:

3 hours ago, 00Chargers said:

And find out how many times we had to get the same first down two or 3 times because every time we would get one some phantom penalty call would come down to negate the first down. It will be the best 9.95 you could spend. Then you would know you have a chance against the Mighty Alcoa. Find out from these people what Gary Rankin said when he told his guys he was gonna get them more help this week? They have 20 something assistants and are they gonna bring in some more players if not where is he gonna get his help from?