3A Title Game - Alcoa vs Covington

CHARGERFAN

3 minutes ago, Hitthatquataback said:

Yes sir, he's hard to replace, but #7 took his place, & he's mean! So not much consoling there.

Could be, but I knew Warwick's pedigree you see. Went so school at Tech when "Big Sam" (as Lonnie Warwick was called) wreaked havoc on the OVC from his middle linebacker spot. I watched him play the same spot for years for the Minnesota Vikings. 

I'll let you know what I think of the next guy after I see this game,

1 minute ago, CHARGERFAN said:

Could be, but I knew Warwick's pedigree you see. Went so school at Tech when "Big Sam" (as Lonnie Warwick was called) wreaked havoc on the OVC from his middle linebacker spot. I watched him play the same spot for years for the Minnesota Vikings. 

I'll let you know what I think of the next guy after I see this game,

He's no Warwick. Like I said he's hard to replace. Love his family, great people!!

Game was 17-14 last year with nine minutes left in fourth quarter that’s when we fumbled in end zone and pretty much ended the game. I hope we can keep it that close in fourth quarter this year. We don’t have deep threat like last year but if Hayes gets past line of scrimmage he can take it to the house .

2 minutes ago, bglass said:

Game was 17-14 last year with nine minutes left in fourth quarter that’s when we fumbled in end zone and pretty much ended the game. I hope we can keep it that close in fourth quarter this year. We don’t have deep threat like last year but if Hayes gets past line of scrimmage he can take it to the house .

Agree, was tough game, mistakes on both sides, but the physical play of Alcoa in those last 9 min, was the difference. You have to play every tick on the clock to beat us. Was a good game last year. I hope it's another good game this year, this time of year should be great games.

BTW, long range weather shows 57 degrees and 50% chance of rain in Cookeville on Saturday. Ya got rain gear? Some of our Charger fans had tailgating tents set up in our stands last night in the rain. Others had umbrellas. A warning to them that I'll bet Tech won't allow either in the stadium. Most stadiums ban umbrellas and I've never seen the tent thing anywhere else.

Anybody have input on that?

1 minute ago, CHARGERFAN said:

BTW, long range weather shows 57 degrees and 50% chance of rain in Cookeville on Saturday. Ya got rain gear? Some of our Charger fans had tailgating tents set up in our stands last night in the rain. Others had umbrellas. A warning to them that I'll bet Tech won't allow either in the stadium. Most stadiums ban umbrellas and I've never seen the tent thing anywhere else.

Anybody have input on that?

Those are not permitted in college stadiums