Griders 2019 South Pittsburg Pirates

Roy Dillard

5 hours ago, oneyewilly said:

Have you heard how good greenback will be this year lol 

Well we wont know for sure till fall,with the baseball team doing as well as it has and is expected there is no reason to have it without all our players.I do expect a few days of shorts and helmets to get some of the new guys familiar with our schemes.We return a very big physical line on offense and our front seven on D will be better than the past few years.Our secondary should also be improved.QB is a question mark and also RB as of now,those questiins should be answered by the start of region games.We should be an outstanding defensive team with a run heavy Offense.We may struggle in our out of region games,i expect Loudon to be much improved and they return Action Jackson who is the best player we have played against the past two years and Lenoir City will push us just from the shear size of the 5A school.Have alot of question marks but i expect us to be a very good team by playoff time.Our coaches have done a great job of getting our boys ready.

(Im sure you are being kinda of sarcastic in the question for Bassys sake but figured i would give you all my synopsis LOL)

Edited by orngnblk

2 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Well we wont know for sure till fall,with the baseball team doing as well as it has and is expected there is no reason to have it without all our players.I do expect a few days of shorts and helmets to get some of the new guys familiar with our schemes.We return a very big physical line on offense and our front seven on D will be better than the past few years.Our secondary should also be improved.QB is a question mark and also RB as of now,those questiins should be answered by the start of region games.We should be an outstanding defensive team with a run heavy Offense.We may struggle in our out of region games,i expect Loudon to be much improved and they return Action Jackson who is the best player we have played against the past two years and Lenoir City will push us just from the shear size of the 5A school.Have alot of question marks but i expect us to be a very good team by playoff time.Our coaches have done a great job of getting our boys ready.

(Im sure you are being kinda of sarcastic in the question for Bassys sake but figured i would give you all my synopsis LOL)

Yes, Willy is being sarcastic. He’s still a little green around the ears.  My question is this.. how do you lose the best class in school history but be better at all of those spots? That’s like saying SP will be better in 2020 than in 2019 and better in 2021 than in 2020 after losing two, large senior classes. I can see Greenback being better in the line since you return all of them, but I’m still trying to wrap my head around how you could be better overall losing the studs you lost... That doesn’t happen here, but maybe Greenback hasthe magic pixie dust or something up there. 

30 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

Yes, Willy is being sarcastic. He’s still a little green around the ears.  My question is this.. how do you lose the best class in school history but be better at all of those spots? That’s like saying SP will be better in 2020 than in 2019 and better in 2021 than in 2020 after losing two, large senior classes. I can see Greenback being better in the line since you return all of them, but I’m still trying to wrap my head around how you could be better overall losing the studs you lost... That doesn’t happen here, but maybe Greenback hasthe magic pixie dust or something up there. 

QB play was our strength last year without Gilbert. Of course he is gone and you can't replace a kid like Hanley. So that's a huge question mark as of right now. Hanley was a great decision-maker that's hard to replace. We bring back one of the best if not the best receiver in 1A  ball this year with the addition of the other six foot three wide receiver that's coming in that has a lot of experience that's going to strengthen the pass game. I don't think our offense will be as good and be able to put up as many points but I do think our defense will be the part of the game we hang our hat on. And yes our defense will be better. And of course we have to stay healthy for all that to happen cuz we don't have a lot of depth!Still lots of questions but we will see.

2 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

Pixie Dust Frosted Flakes . . . that is the secret. 

4 hours ago, orngnblk said:

QB play was our strength last year without Gilbert. Of course he is gone and you can't replace a kid like Hanley. So that's a huge question mark as of right now. Hanley was a great decision-maker that's hard to replace. We bring back one of the best if not the best receiver in 1A  ball this year with the addition of the other six foot three wide receiver that's coming in that has a lot of experience that's going to strengthen the pass game. I don't think our offense will be as good and be able to put up as many points but I do think our defense will be the part of the game we hang our hat on. And yes our defense will be better. And of course we have to stay healthy for all that to happen cuz we don't have a lot of depth!Still lots of questions but we will see.

The Cherokee Nation will be loaded. The semifinal game with SP should be a good one.