This Ryan mans Greenback team in 2019

Roy Dillard

10 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

What was impressive to me was the depth we have at WR.Like i posted earlier all these folks gabbin about the two skill players we got in the off season and they will help us no doubt but the kids we have can play also.Stinnet,Cabat (im not sure of his name lol) Ford and there was another that was getting it done also.We will need that rotation with the schedule we have.If we can simulate a running game we should come around by the third game.The first two will be very tough for us.

Loudon looked good and very big,they had as many skill players as we do total.That first game will test everything we are!!Then we have that Meigs game...SHEWWW gonna be a tough first few games.I hope we start early learning to hydrate that might be the difference in hanging with those two cant have starters on the sidelines with cramps.

That’s real good news . I’m ready for some football !!!! 

58 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

What was impressive to me was the depth we have at WR.Like i posted earlier all these folks gabbin about the two skill players we got in the off season and they will help us no doubt but the kids we have can play also.Stinnet,Cabat (im not sure of his name lol) Ford and there was another that was getting it done also.We will need that rotation with the schedule we have.If we can simulate a running game we should come around by the third game.The first two will be very tough for us.

Loudon looked good and very big,they had as many skill players as we do total.That first game will test everything we are!!Then we have that Meigs game...SHEWWW gonna be a tough first few games.I hope we start early learning to hydrate that might be the difference in hanging with those two cant have starters on the sidelines with cramps.

The depth at that position is a big plus. Looking forward to seeing these two scrimmages coming up. 

1 hour ago, orngnblk said:

Wouldn't worry about us. We are not the droids you are looking for.

Greenback looking like this doesn’t surprise me at all. I will say it again. You have talent that isn’t seen often in 1A football. Maybe now  you understand why I say you’re still the team to beat. You have kids that are studs and all they have ever done is WIN big. That makes a huge difference. There is only one team in the east that can stay in the game with Greenback this season. 

7 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Gfd709 and myself are well acquainted with the task of keeping those boys stau hydrated, 2009 i think was the first time we beat Loudon?

Glen & Gfd709: "you boys need to be drinking water everytime you come off the field"

Players: Nah we're good

Then about the 4th qtr they started dropping like flies... 

Players: Ahhh it hurts

Glenn & Gfd: "Well stupid we told you to drink! Now shutup and drink" 

Then add a few more choice words for motivation.lol and dang they held on! 

But I dont really recall alot of games in the last few yrs where these boys have cramped alot, Ryan has had them in good shape

Edited by glenfromgreenback

44 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

Greenback looking like this doesn’t surprise me at all. I will say it again. You have talent that isn’t seen often in 1A football. Maybe now  you understand why I say you’re still the team to beat. You have kids that are studs and all they have ever done is WIN big. That makes a huge difference. There is only one team in the east that can stay in the game with Greenback this season. 

There is still a lot to be seen out of this group. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Gbnation said:

I would say it’s going to be a very good ball game! 

Who does Meigs play week 1?

Sweetwater normally has it's fair share of athletes. In 17 we barely squeezed by them. They had a rb transfer to Knox Catholic for the 18 season. He had his way with us pretty much. If the new coach can keep players in house and get the kids to come back out and play they can be a good team. I'm just not sure he can do it his first year.