Metro Rumors

GoldenTicket10

9 hours ago, GameTime615 said:

Steve did all he could there. The talent isn't flowing like it was when we were growing up. Overton will not be the respectable program it once was, especially as long as it has coaches on the staff backstabbing the head coach for his job. Antioch search is taking too long which forces me  think they will have to settle for someone that don't want.

9 hours ago, GameTime615 said:

Steve did all he could there. The talent isn't flowing like it was when we were growing up. Overton will not be the respectable program it once was, especially as long as it has coaches on the staff backstabbing the head coach for his job. Antioch search is taking too long which forces me  think they will have to settle for someone that don't want.

I thought Steve a good job. Many games could have gone either way. I think having to many coaches from outside made it difficult. I never heard or noticed any coaches not on board or coaching any way other than the way he wanted.  I thought the coaches were behind and supportive of him. 

43 minutes ago, runtheball said:

I thought Steve a good job. Many games could have gone either way. I think having to many coaches from outside made it difficult. I never heard or noticed any coaches not on board or coaching any way other than the way he wanted.  I thought the coaches were behind and supportive of him. 

Isn't that ironic that you would think that, strong rumors/ facts have been released that he was helped pushed out by a staff member hoping to take over . I don't think someone would make this up with such reliable sources But I understand why you would say that. 

24 minutes ago, GameTime615 said:

Isn't that ironic that you would think that, strong rumors/ facts have been released that he was helped pushed out by a staff member hoping to take over . I don't think someone would make this up with such reliable sources But I understand why you would say that. 

Rumors are just that ,rumors. Backstabbing rumors here are just an excuse . If you have facts, say them or just be another guy on coacht trying to be somebody hiding behind an username. 

Edited by runtheball

I know all of those involved in this particular conversation. Steve is a great football coach and man. I would send my boys to him any day. I think he did a good job while head coach and will quickly land on his feet again probably in a nearby county. 

The implied coach that is thought to have been a back stabber would not do such a thing. In fact I know for certain his father encouraged him to go to Overton to learn from a great coach in Williams. I also know the implied coach thinks very highly of Williams as he should. Not sure where the rumors are coming from but they are just rumors. 

I hope Overton is able to find a good coach. The key for Overton to be successful is for whomever is named head coach also have loyal consistent coaches. That is what TA had for so many years. The coaches that he had were also in the building. It makes a huge difference. Just my two cents. 

Workin I know you don't want to believe it ... The fact that no name was mentioned speaks volumes to me. You guys don't want to believe it. The fact that Mr. Brown came and put his 2cents in it as well speak volumes. Truth is the truth. Backstabbing is backstabbing no matter who you are, it just isn't ethical and I'm sure of this information, so it's really not a rumor. If Williams was asked and he was 100% truthful about it then we all would know but he is a good guy and may turn the other cheek. A guy comes in on his staff not hired by him and does sneaky stuff year in and out to try and get his job that he isn't no where near qualified for is as shady as it gets . I don't know the guy but you really don't want to after you hear all this . It's really part of the problem at Overton . Staff not in the building and stuff in the building trying to push him out . 

Game time I am not aware of what you are speaking of. I am not nearly as connected to my alma mater as I once was. I am also not as connected to metro in general as I once was. I do still care about the schools and kids. What are the specifics that you know. What was done that is unethical? 

I do know the coach originally referred to was hired by Williams to lead the strength program and was given the chance by Williams to handle special teams. If shady things were going on why would Williams give so much responsibility. 

You are right I don't want to believe rumors so fill me in on details. 

As for the other openings......i had heard Antioch was happy with those that applied and that they were closing in on a top candidate. Haven't heard much since then. 

I have heard a couple names for Hillwood and that one should be interesting. It will be a good job for someone once the new school is built. 

Overton should be interesting as well. I have heard several names putting in for it. Of those one is a current head coach, two are former head coaches, and one is an assistant. All have ties to Overton. 

On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 12:02 PM, bleacher said:

Overton has a high percentage of students who are immigrants. This is not new. TA dealt with this for years. The Overton zone is still loaded with talented football players.  That zone feeds BA, FRA, Ryan, and others.  What is needed is a coach that gives families .a reason to send their sons there. Many of those same families had that faith in TA. His reputation was a great recruiter in that community.

What is the John Overton zone today?  At one time it crossed Franklin Road and went to Granny White Pike but my understanding now is that kids that live on the other side of Franklin Road (directly across the street from John Overton) are zoned for Hillsboro.  But lets be honest and say that MNPS have and always will be open zoned if you furnish your own transportation.  At one time all high schools in the MNPS system offered a class that the others did not offer.  You told everyone that you wanted to take that special class and you were accepted even if you transferred out the following day.  I am not sure today you even have to go through that much effort.

• Upvote 1

Principal hired him as a favor from her admin which is buddies with this coach and game him the weight room and told him he can coach football. Williams didn't hire him. We are all outsiders in this but these are facts . Once again I don't know the guy and I think highly of STEVE O. From my understanding he hasn't been coaching long and hasn't had a bigger role such as a coordinator but thinks he can run the show that baffles me. Like previously stated I know you don't want to believe it but these facts came from very strong sources and it's been getting around. You reap what you sow. Nobody wants someone like that around . Good luck to Steve he will be bounce back . 

Antioch is a good start up job and could be good down the road with the demographics moving in

Hillwood principal is one to work for, he cares about athletics. Can't wait to see his hire...

• Upvote 1

Game time I think Steve will end up in his previous county. He will land another job. Too good of a coach and man not to. I'll agree with you on that one. I know the previous head coach at Johnny O thinks very highly of him as do I. And I hope that both Steve and those left behind move in a more positive direction. 

Antioch could be a good start for someone or a restart for a coach looking to get things going. 

Hillwood I understand has made their choice. I have heard more than one name though so I guess we will all find out soon. 

Anything going on at HL.