2019 Henry County Patriots

HCRedPride

28 minutes ago, Omaha said:

I don’t know enough about the upcoming junior to really speak on it, but from what I saw in the spring and watching those highlights I tend to agree with you. He looks to have good size, I wonder if he’s grown anymore since football season?

I'm not sure. Just glad to have him part of Patriot Nation! See what I did there? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, PatriotNation said:

I'm not sure. Just glad to have him part of Patriot Nation! See what I did there? 

Haha, I did. Me too, that incoming freshman class from Inman is already stacked, you throw him in there and look out! I have a couple contacts in the Martin area, going to hit them up and see what I can find out about him.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Omaha said:

Haha, I did. Me too, that incoming freshman class from Inman is already stacked, you throw him in there and look out! I have a couple contacts in the Martin area, going to hit them up and see what I can find out about him.

Whether he starts or not all I know is the future is brighter at Henry County than ever before now. Loads of talent coming up plus what we already have. Gonna be fun!!

• Like 1

Here’s the skinny that I’ve gathered. Dad is a Martin native since birth. Kid really wants to be a QB and they don’t feel like he’ll get that chance over there. Mom works in Paris already maybe? They also have family over here too. Guess that’s what made HC the destination. Was told the kid has true leadership qualities on top of being a good athlete. Very intelligent. All in on coming over here. Guy I talked to said he was around 6’0” and maybe 150-160 pounds. That’s about all I have. Sounds promising!

• Like 1

On 5/6/2019 at 6:31 PM, Omaha said:

Here’s the skinny that I’ve gathered. Dad is a Martin native since birth. Kid really wants to be a QB and they don’t feel like he’ll get that chance over there. Mom works in Paris already maybe? They also have family over here too. Guess that’s what made HC the destination. Was told the kid has true leadership qualities on top of being a good athlete. Very intelligent. All in on coming over here. Guy I talked to said he was around 6’0” and maybe 150-160 pounds. That’s about all I have. Sounds promising!

Yeah chances are with Ty Simpson already being Martin's QB for the next 3 more years. Ryan Damron wouldnt have started more than likely. And yes he has well known family members that live in Paris. It could be a match made in heaven! We are usually always strong in the running game and o-line. Now you add a kid of his caliber. Could be special at Henry County on offense!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, PatriotNation said:

Yeah chances are with Ty Simpson already being Martin's QB for the next 3 more years. Ryan Damron wouldnt have started more than likely. And yes he has well known family members that live in Paris. It could be a match made in heaven! We are usually always strong in the running game and o-line. Now you add a kid of his caliber. Could be special at Henry County on offense!

Talked to someone close to the program  today that said if this kid wasn’t the starting QB against Haywood he’d be surprised. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Omaha said:

Talked to someone close to the program  today that said if this kid wasn’t the starting QB against Haywood he’d be surprised. 

I'm all for it but I also understand that if he does start week 1 that there may be and probably will be some growing pains for him. These guys from Haywood and Beech and teams such as that are no joke. They are big, fast, and strong compared to 8th graders. But I'm excited for him. Give him the ball and let's get this Big Red Train rolling!!!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, PatriotNation said:

I'm all for it but I also understand that if he does start week 1 that there may be and probably will be some growing pains for him. These guys from Haywood and Beech and teams such as that are no joke. They are big, fast, and strong compared to 8th graders. But I'm excited for him. Give him the ball and let's get this Big Red Train rolling!!!

I was really hesitant at first, not gonna lie. But the more I hear about him the more I think it’s the right move. If he has that kind of talent, with the backs/receivers and o-line we have coming back, I say roll with him. There’s another freshman that caught my eye at the lift a thon the other night too. Zamariyon Kendall. That kid is going to be a beast. Like a man amongst boys out there. It’s an exciting time in Big Red Country!

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Omaha said:

I was really hesitant at first, not gonna lie. But the more I hear about him the more I think it’s the right move. If he has that kind of talent, with the backs/receivers and o-line we have coming back, I say roll with him. There’s another freshman that caught my eye at the lift a thon the other night too. Zamariyon Kendall. That kid is going to be a beast. Like a man amongst boys out there. It’s an exciting time in Big Red Country!

You got that right I will just call him Z! Lol he was impressive! He is going to show out at HC! Wish they would play those guys this year and not wait until next year!

• Like 1