District 6a Power Rankings

StarvinMarvin245

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

I agree they are hard to beat in Celina.  That’s one of the things that makes these district teams so much fun to watch.  They all do a really good job of protecting their home court. Go try to win a game in Celina, Byrdstown, Gainesboro or Clarkrange come tourney time.  Red Boiling is the same way, all very tough at home.  

One of the major differences from single A to AA. Crowd size. Most AA schools have multiple schools in the county or at least close by. I never saw a crowd at Upperman that would equal a crowd at Celina and not really close either. IMHO the big difference is nothing else going on and only the one school to support. Two home games at UHS this season they had less than 30 kids in the student section and rarely over 50-60 at any game I've been to this season. Hard to beat small town home basketball crowds. 

On ‎1‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 5:11 PM, basecoach said:

Yes even Monterey hasn’t lost a home game. 

Monterey usually has pretty good crowds also. I wish I lived closer so I could go to more. I also will say that small school crowds are very much more engaged! I went and watched a few AA games this year and it was more like a social gathering rather than a game! These smaller schools crowds really get into it and have the gym and Football fields rocking!

This district really is a whirlwind. 

Gville beats my Bobcats.  Bobcats are a year away.  Gordonsville is the surprise so far pretty talented squad.

Clarkrange beats Jackson by 3.  Kind of surprised.  Pretty similar IMO.

Clay beats Monterey by 25.  Wow, Clay is really hitting their stride.

Tdale beats RBS by 30! is that right? I assume it is, just shocking.  Like i stated previously, and caught heck from a Macon County fan.  This team has immense potential, you have the most dominant player in Single A ball.  That's some Butch Jones type stuff.  Feel bad for those kids.   There were whispers Marsh was looking at going Private.

On 1/7/2019 at 9:23 AM, StarvinMarvin245 said:

This district really is a whirlwind. 

Gville beats my Bobcats.  Bobcats are a year away.  Gordonsville is the surprise so far pretty talented squad.

Clarkrange beats Jackson by 3.  Kind of surprised.  Pretty similar IMO.

Clay beats Monterey by 25.  Wow, Clay is really hitting their stride.

Tdale beats RBS by 30! is that right? I assume it is, just shocking.  Like i stated previously, and caught heck from a Macon County fan.  This team has immense potential, you have the most dominant player in Single A ball.  That's some Butch Jones type stuff.  Feel bad for those kids.   There were whispers Marsh was looking at going Private.

Yes, TC beat RBS by 30, it was 23-17 at half, final was 67-37, Baines for TC had 25 and is on fire as he is closing in on his 1000 point ball. TC had the athletic ability to force Marsh to have to shoot 12 footers instead of a bunch of layups, Marsh had 17, TC beat Jackson last night by 14. Jackson lead early by 8, TC defensive ability really caused JC problems, TC and Clay look like they are on a collision course. Should be a fun couple weeks, TC is the most athletic team in the district and it's paying off but can it beat a couple really good basketball teams later in season?

10 hours ago, TCRadio said:

Yes, TC beat RBS by 30, it was 23-17 at half, final was 67-37, Baines for TC had 25 and is on fire as he is closing in on his 1000 point ball. TC had the athletic ability to force Marsh to have to shoot 12 footers instead of a bunch of layups, Marsh had 17, TC beat Jackson last night by 14. Jackson lead early by 8, TC defensive ability really caused JC problems, TC and Clay look like they are on a collision course. Should be a fun couple weeks, TC is the most athletic team in the district and it's paying off but can it beat a couple really good basketball teams later in season?

TC had a game plan against RBS and Marsh in particular and it worked.  Put 3 people on him and hope the others aren’t hitting their shots.  I’m going to give you a dark horse here and that’s Clarkrange. I seen them last night against Clay and they are better than their record indicates and Coach Pyle always has his teams ready come tournament time.  

Edited by UCSportsFan

21 minutes ago, TCRadio said:

TC does something they may have never done, go to the bobcat den and get W, jackets beat the Pickett county bobcats 60-59 in OT

Great game by both teams, PC defientely showed their youth at the end of regulation (playing 2 Fr, 2 So, and a Jr). With one Jr out for the game