2018 Sonic ShootOut

ukhoops

22 minutes ago, LadyCavsFan said:

That would be a good game.   Cookeville has played them twice and beat them both times over the summer  (one close and one not close)  but they are a good team and Clarkrange can beat anyone on a given night.     We play defense really well.   If we can make some shots we can play with anyone.   I hope we can pull off the win because of course I really want to see Cookeville VS White county anytime I get a chance.  

I expect Clarkrange to win their first round by 50.  So maybe the will get tired from shooting all the shots.

I’ve heard Cookeville has a nice post player and there is no doubt they have more athletes than Clarkrange so CR will need to hit some 3’s and defend the basket to win. Clay vs White Co should be a good game as well. 

Sequatchie vs Warren Thursday. A little outmatched vs White County tonight but they should have a better chance tomorrow even with Warren 3x a larger school. Sequatchie is still overal youthful, 1 senior on team and 2 freshmen starting regularly but competition will benefit as long as they don’t linger on a loss like tonight. 

14 hours ago, Ringmaster17 said:

Any word on games today? Can't find scores anywhere

Most of the first round games were blow outs.   Games today should be much better.   I didn't see the Warren vs Clay game (who plays a game at 10:00AM????)  but I heard that it was a close game and that Warren led alot of the game but Clay county won by 12.   The rest of the games were over by the first quarter.   Cookeville won 70-24.  Clarkrange won 74-24.  And White county (who still hasn't played anyone) won 69-31.   Yes of course I had to throw that in there....they are our rivals right?  :D

13 hours ago, Indian said:

Sequatchie vs Warren Thursday. A little outmatched vs White County tonight but they should have a better chance tomorrow even with Warren 3x a larger school. Sequatchie is still overal youthful, 1 senior on team and 2 freshmen starting regularly but competition will benefit as long as they don’t linger on a loss like tonight. 

Sequatchie struggles start with smaller guards and PG play.  That makes it really difficult against a trapping team like White County.   Warren county won't apply much pressure but I still expect Sequatchie to find it difficult to score.   Two different defensive teams but they will still struggle.   Warren should have a major advantage inside.  

4 hours ago, LadyCavsFan said:

Most of the first round games were blow outs.   Games today should be much better.   I didn't see the Warren vs Clay game (who plays a game at 10:00AM????)  but I heard that it was a close game and that Warren led alot of the game but Clay county won by 12.   The rest of the games were over by the first quarter.   Cookeville won 70-24.  Clarkrange won 74-24.  And White county (who still hasn't played anyone) won 69-31.   Yes of course I had to throw that in there....they are our rivals right?  :D

Sequatchie struggles start with smaller guards and PG play.  That makes it really difficult against a trapping team like White County.   Warren county won't apply much pressure but I still expect Sequatchie to find it difficult to score.   Two different defensive teams but they will still struggle.   Warren should have a major advantage inside.  

True. We haven't played a really good team yet. Cookeville did. They lost too. I had to throw that in right? Lol.

Actually I don't know why Cookeville worries about little old Sparta. They are soooo much bigger than us.

18 hours ago, 85warrior said:

True. We haven't played a really good team yet. Cookeville did. They lost too. I had to throw that in right? Lol.

Actually I don't know why Cookeville worries about little old Sparta. They are soooo much bigger than us.

We don't worry about poor little old Sparta.  We just like beating them as many times as possible!  :)   And if you think Cookeville has only played one good team you need to look again.  We did lose to a couple good teams but we have played like 9 games against AAA schools with wins against Cleveland, Oakland, Dickson County, Station Camp, and Lebanon. Not including a win against Blackman the weekend before Lebanon game.   White county on the other hand has played (2) AAA teams with a combined record of 7-17.  The rest of their games were against class A and AA teams.   So yes I would expect them to be undefeated.  The good news is tonight they will be able to say they played someone.   I expect it to be a good game because we are rivals but after watching them play a couple times I really like our chances and wouldn't be surprised if we win by more than 15.  But its Cookeville vs Sparta....anything can happen.  If White County beats Cookeville then they are a good team and I will be the first to say it.   

1 hour ago, LadyCavsFan said:

We don't worry about poor little old Sparta.  We just like beating them as many times as possible!  :)   And if you think Cookeville has only played one good team you need to look again.  We did lose to a couple good teams but we have played like 9 games against AAA schools with wins against Cleveland, Oakland, Dickson County, Station Camp, and Lebanon. Not including a win against Blackman the weekend before Lebanon game.   White county on the other hand has played (2) AAA teams with a combined record of 7-17.  The rest of their games were against class A and AA teams.   So yes I would expect them to be undefeated.  The good news is tonight they will be able to say they played someone.   I expect it to be a good game because we are rivals but after watching them play a couple times I really like our chances and wouldn't be surprised if we win by more than 15.  But its Cookeville vs Sparta....anything can happen.  If White County beats Cookeville then they are a good team and I will be the first to say it.   

I don't blame Cookeville for not liking White County. We've beaten them over the years (with only half as many students)more than anyone including a huge stretch of somewhere around 20 in a row(maybe more) in the late 80's to the late 90's when our girls team went to the STATE tourney 7 out of 8 years. Sure we may lose tonight, but Cookeville has never had the success White County has had(girls AND boys teams) in basketball. We have had 24 state tourney appearances and 3 State Championships. Good luck the rest of the year!

Edited by 85warrior

6 minutes ago, 85warrior said:

I don't blame Cookeville for not liking White County. We've beaten them over the years more than anyone including a huge stretch of somewhere around 20 in a row(maybe more) in the late 80's to the late 90's when we went to the STATE tourney 7 out of 8 years. Sure we may lose tonight, but Cookeville has never had the success White County has had(girls AND boys teams) in basketball. We have had 24 state tourney appearances and 3 State Championships. Good luck the rest of the year!

I just don't get why two district teams would put themselves in position to play each other in a non- influential tournament game.  Who will this game favor more come district tournament time? I will say the team that loses tonight.

3 minutes ago, repoman said:

I just don't get why two district teams would put themselves in position to play each other in a non- influential tournament game.  Who will this game favor more come district tournament time? I will say the team that loses tonight.

Basically ,why would Cookeville enter this tournament! and why Sparta would invite.