District 8-A

ecu

On 1/23/2021 at 8:16 AM, ecu said:

So after the first half Cascade is definitely the best team with MC, Eagleville, and Fayetteville all very close. Huntland and Cornersville will battle for 5th. Any major surprises? 

Cascade is putting up some big numbers. Moore County can score but look to struggle against post players. Fayetteville is athletic and dangerous. Eagleville will only keep getting better. Cornersville and Huntland, who knows??????

1 hour ago, UCSportsFan said:

Who’s coming out of the region down there this year?  Since Pickett County lost their big man I think each team hosting the substate has a huge advantage. Clay is the best team up here again this year. 

1 hour ago, UCSportsFan said:

Who’s coming out of the region down there this year?  Since Pickett County lost their big man I think each team hosting the substate has a huge advantage. Clay is the best team up here again this year. 

Cascade and Eagleville

On 1/31/2021 at 6:44 PM, UCSportsFan said:

Pickett Co. didn't lose their big man. They lost a good player but have two very good players taking his place and one is two inches taller than the one who was injured. They lost 59-58 Sunday, away, to a Kentucky team they could easily win the state "A" title in Tennessee. But Clay Co. is so far the best team in 6A.

34 minutes ago, bobcatfan300 said:

Pickett Co. didn't lose their big man. They lost a good player but have two very good players taking his place and one is two inches taller than the one who was injured. They lost 59-58 Sunday, away, to a Kentucky team they could easily win the state "A" title in Tennessee. But Clay Co. is so far the best team in 6A.

Ok my “sources” told me incorrectly then. Regardless I hate it for the young player. Hopefully he recovers quickly!  

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, ecu said:

Cascade was easily best team in regular season. Who is most likely to upset them in tournament? 

I think Eagleville could possibly give them a run but since everything is satellite I would say Cascade has a great chance to win the district this time. Congrats to them on a great season it’s been a while since Cascade has been this competitive. Will miss this district being together for sure.

1 hour ago, Observation said:

I think Eagleville could possibly give them a run but since everything is satellite I would say Cascade has a great chance to win the district this time. Congrats to them on a great season it’s been a while since Cascade has been this competitive. Will miss this district being together for sure.

Cascade won region in 2018. Any of top four can win but Cascade does have advantage of being at home. Strange that no one replaces Cascade next year.