Maryville is Overrated

KnoxBball1969

41 minutes ago, vfl3382 said:

Any idea if the game has been postponed? Cleveland schools were dismissed early yesterday because of the weather.

Cleveland city schools released early yesterday and are out today. Cleveland coach told me the administration hasn’t finalized it yet,  ur Probably isn’t  gonna allow it

Edited by fooseball95

3 hours ago, fooseball95 said:

Cleveland’s wrestling team is en route to franklin for the wrestling state championships and I believe Maryville too. Franklin is a longer drive. What’s the difference?

Maybe the difference is the TSSAA decided to go ahead and hold the State Championships forcing schools to decide did they want to go or deny their athletes a chance to win State. A lot of schools are involved in this event. Cleveland vs Maryville only involves two schools, they can play at another date and a regular season non-district game is not important. Basketball is a Tournament sport where you play the regular just to seed teams in District Tournaments.

29 minutes ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

Maybe the difference is the TSSAA decided to go ahead and hold the State Championships forcing schools to decide did they want to go or deny their athletes a chance to win State. A lot of schools are involved in this event. Cleveland vs Maryville only involves two schools, they can play at another date and a regular season non-district game is not important. Basketball is a Tournament sport where you play the regular just to seed teams in District Tournaments.

I thought it was about safety? Nothing u just said matters if the kids aren’t safe.