Maryville is Overrated

KnoxBball1969

21 minutes ago, rebelwoman87 said:

Tuesday the Overrated Red Rebels travels to HVA.  Thursday the overrated (7th in the state poles) Rebels host the #1 Cleveland Blue Raiders. 

How weird....# 8 ranked Oak Ridge plays at # 1 ranked Cleveland on the Tuesday the 11th. How about both Maryville and Oak Ridge pin losses on our Blue Raider friends?

10 hours ago, rebelwoman87 said:

That would be awesome. Gonna be tough. I was at the Cleveland game at OR last month. They are really good. 

Cleveland is very good but they are due for a loss. Maryville only lost to them by one or two points without football players at Cleveland in December. It was a low scoring game as I recall- Maryville played at a much slower tempo down there than they have been playing lately. Anxious to see if it is an up tempo game at MHS. Point guard matchup of Joe Anderson ( Furman) vs Jacobi Wood (Belmont) is as good as it gets this year in ET. 

4 minutes ago, Norman Dale said:

Cleveland is very good but they are due for a loss. Maryville only lost to them by one or two points without football players at Cleveland in December. It was a low scoring game- Maryville played at a much slower tempo down there than they have been playing lately. Anxious to see if it is an up tempo game at MHS. Up tempo plays into Cleveland’s hands, imo but Maryville is definitely more suited to play an up and down the court game than they were in December. I would like to see a fast paced game as a spectator. 

Point guard matchup of Joe Anderson (Furman) vs Jacobi Wood (Belmont) is as good as it gets this year in ET. Both guys have good supporting casts, too.

Edited by Norman Dale

6 minutes ago, Norman Dale said:

Cleveland is very good but they are due for a loss. Maryville only lost to them by one or two points without football players at Cleveland in December. It was a low scoring game as I recall- Maryville played at a much slower tempo down there than they have been playing lately. Anxious to see if it is an up tempo game at MHS. Point guard matchup of Joe Anderson ( Furman) vs Jacobi Wood (Belmont) is as good as it gets this year in ET. 

Not sure that Maryville wants to run with Cleveland. Cleveland is a running team and slowing the pace down is the best way to beat us. We could be due for a loss........ but it ain’t happened yet. We have won 47-48 games with our only loss coming from James Wiseman and those boys from Memphis. We also play better on the road than at home. Will be a fun game to watch

21 minutes ago, Norman Dale said:

Cleveland played very selfish in that game against Maryville. Should be a good game. Cleveland seems to play more focused on the road.

1 hour ago, fooseball95 said:

Not sure that Maryville wants to run with Cleveland. Cleveland is a running team and slowing the pace down is the best way to beat us. We could be due for a loss........ but it ain’t happened yet. We have won 47-48 games with our only loss coming from James Wiseman and those boys from Memphis. We also play better on the road than at home. Will be a fun game to watch

I totally agree with you on running with Cleveland- it’s not advisable.If it was a post season win or go home scenario, I think Maryville would play at a much slower tempo. Coach Eldridge’s teams always seem to have the ability to dictate the tempo of the game depending on the opposition. 

However, since it is not a win or go home scenario and the game is being played on Maryville’s home court, I wouldn’t be surprised to see Maryville play much faster than they did at Cleveland.

Edited by Norman Dale