5A 2019

thefootballguru

Don't know enough about teams from the west to pick a top ten, but Oak Ridge may be the team to beat in the east. Powell should battle them for region 3. Fulton has a lot of rebuilding to do, but they usually find a way to be pretty good. Central and South Doyle will fight it out for region 2. David Crockett (w/Cade Larkins back) should be the front runner in region 1. With Catholic moving to the private division, I don't know who will be stepping to the front. This is all just an opinion and not meant to slight anyone. I'm sure there will be others to step up.

13 hours ago, thefootballguru said:

Anyone have a 1-10?

I'm not real familiar with the east. But I'm sure Oak Ridge, Fulton, Central, Beech, Henry County. That's 5 that is guaranteed to be in the top 10 and possibly top 5. Again this is just early prediction. There may be teams I don't know about in the east or middle tn that has a lot returning.

In the East I think Region 1 is Crockett, Boone, and TN High will all fight it out for 1-3. I think Crockett is the favorite. 

Region 2  Knox Central has to be the favorite again for the region. South Doyle  is a contender but I don’t know if they can knock off Central. I figure Halls and Gibbs will make the top 4 

Region 3 Oak Ridge and Powell will be the matchup for the region this year. Fulton will be down alittle with all they lost. 4th place, I feel West will make it in the playoffs, but Clinton and Campbell could challenge for 4th. 

Region 4- Lots of questions in this region. Catholic is gone. Soddy is the defending region champ and Soddy returns a good bit. I’m curious about Rhea we have to replace some key guys  but we also have some good young talent too. Lenior City could make some noise, they did beat Soddy, gave Rhea a good game, and whipped WV. I know they lost a couple key pieces, but with the way the region is this year they could pull an upset. As for Walker Valley will they win 1 game this year.  I hate to say it but region 3 could sweep region 4 come playoff time or at least win 3 out of 4. 

In the west. I’m not as familiar with but I think the top contenders will be back like Beech, Henry, Ridgeway, and Hillsboro. Page and Kirby both had a good seasons last year, not sure what they got coming back. Clarksville and Shelbyville had a good seasons too. Clarksville NE was really good, but had to forfeit all those wins and will have a new coach.  

If I were to put together a top 10.

1. Beech

2. Oak Ridge 

3. Henry Co. 

4. Knox Central 

5. Powell 

6. Fulton 

7. Clarksville NE

8. Hillsboro 

9. David Crockett

10. Page

Edited by Rhea Co.
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Rhea Co. said:

In the East I think Region 1 is Crockett, Boone, and TN High will all fight it out for 1-3. I think Crockett is the favorite. 

Region 2  Knox Central has to be the favorite again for the region. South Doyle  is a contender but I don’t know if they can knock off Central. I figure Halls and Gibbs will make the top 4 

Region 3 Oak Ridge and Powell will be the matchup for the region this year. Fulton will be down alittle with all they lost. 4th place, I feel West will make it in the playoffs, but Clinton and Campbell could challenge for 4th. 

Region 4- Lots of questions in this region. Catholic is gone. Soddy is the defending region champ and Soddy returns a good bit. I’m curious about Rhea we have to replace some key guys  but we also have some good young talent too. Lenior City could make some noise, they did beat Soddy, gave Rhea a good game, and whipped WV. I know they lost a couple key pieces, but with the way the region is this year they could pull an upset. As for Walker Valley will they win 1 game this year.  I hate to say it but region 3 could sweep region 4 come playoff time or at least win 3 out of 4. 

In the west. I’m not as familiar with but I think the top contenders will be back like Beech, Henry, Ridgeway, and Hillsboro. Page and Kirby both had a good seasons last year, not sure what they got coming back. Clarksville and Shelbyville had a good seasons too. Clarksville NE was really good, but had to forfeit all those wins and will have a new coach.  

If I were to put together a top 10.

1. Beech

2. Oak Ridge 

3. Henry Co. 

4. Knox Central 

5. Powell 

6. Fulton 

7. Clarksville NE

8. Hillsboro 

9. David Crockett

10. Page

That looks about right. Its close. Only thing I would do is add one Memphis team to the top 10. Probably either Ridgeway or Kirby. 

On 2/1/2019 at 9:58 PM, PatriotNation said:

That looks about right. Its close. Only thing I would do is add one Memphis team to the top 10. Probably either Ridgeway or Kirby. 

Yeah I was looking at it after I posted it I would probably add Ridgeway and drop Clarksville NE. Ridgeway and Page were the two I was thinking about for 10th.