Region 4 AA

jimbo44

2 minutes ago, Khall555 said:

I was there with 1 second left in the half her big girl shot a 3 and it was blocked out of frustration the girl shoved the DeKalb player down and a foul was called with no time left. It was Upperman’s 10th foul she ran almost to mid court and started yelling at the ref (wasn’t the one who made the call) the DeKalb player goes to the line and she’s screaming at them. The girl missed the FT and she started screaming again that it was a 1 and 1 but the foul was the 1 that made it a double bonus she grabbed the ref and was arguing during the FT. 

And yet again, nothing was done about it

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, dctiger said:

Makes me excited for next season too. Losing the three seniors will be tough but we have a freshman PG who only got to play a couple of games that would’ve been in the freshman of the year discussion with Ferrell and Crouch. This is great experience for our young players too, and a great sendoff to three amazing seniors. 

Is this DeKalb’s 1st trip to the Sub-State?

Congrats on the baby!!!

15 minutes ago, Lakers1977 said:

The foul count was 10-4.  I don’t blame her for being mad. 

They were committing those fouls was the refs supposed to put the whistle away on obvious over the backs and running over players? DeKalb played back most of the night and rarely got into the players faces. It was the opposite in the 2nd half 10-6 DeKalb and the last Upperman foul was with 1.6 seconds left which was an clear shove of the DeKalb player while shooting.

Edited by Khall555

14 minutes ago, Lakers1977 said:

The foul count was 10-4.  I don’t blame her for being mad. 

I’m not one to blame refs for losses. But in girls AND boys games against UHS I notice the foul count can get lopsided against their opposing team many times. Bobby and Dana are wizards at working referees. Credit to them. But it’s nice to see it go against them sometimes too!! 

7 minutes ago, Khall555 said:

They were committing those fouls was the refs supposed to put the whistle away on obvious over the backs and running over players? DeKalb played back most of the night and rarely got into the players faces. It was the opposite in the 2nd half 10-6 and the last Upperman foul was with 1.6 seconds left which was an clear shove of the DeKalb player while shooting.

So you didn’t see brooks take 2 charges that were called against her in the first half???? Yes, the foul count was different the second half.  Upperman missed 10 free throws.  That cost them the game.  Congrats to Dekalb.  Neither Upperman nor Macon have seniors.  Next year  should be exciting as well. 

Edited by Lakers1977

8 minutes ago, Khall555 said:

Is this DeKalb’s 1st trip to the Sub-State?

Congrats on the baby!!!

Thank you! And I’m not sure how formats were when Betty Carol Fite (who scored like 3200 points for DC) played in the 60s. But they placed 4th in the state then. Fun fact, I was informed the other night that Brown is Fite’s granddaughter. 

3 minutes ago, dctiger said:

I’m not one to blame refs for losses. But in girls AND boys games against UHS I notice the foul count can get lopsided against their opposing team many times. Bobby and Dana are wizards at working referees. Credit to them. But it’s nice to see it go against them sometimes too!! 

We missed too many free throws.  Good luck moving forward. 

Edited by Lakers1977

Just now, Lakers1977 said:

We missed too many free throws.  Good luck moving forward. 

This was not meant as a jab. Some coaches are really good at that and they are! Does that detract from Dana’s accomplishments or the great players she has developed? Not at all. You guys are a scary team the next few seasons. Dread playing you!