Region 7-A

GCPioneer

26 minutes ago, SuperFan14A said:

There is no doubt that Weathers is a good player, but after watching TCA and Greenfield battle it out...If Chloe Moore doesn't get Miss Basketball in Single A, then the whole system is still rigged. TCA's player was probably the 3rd best player on the court in the TCA/Greenfield matchup. 

I agree 100%. I was thinking 4th best player on the court. I’ll take Edie Darby as my #3 player. 

33 minutes ago, rebelman101 said:

I have no idea why Weathers is  a Miss basketball candidate. She has only has one move and that is  dribbling behind her back and either scoring or driving to the basket. If she wins Miss Basketball that award is a joke. We basically put our best defender on her and made Loretto look for other scoring options. She only had like 3 threes two layups and a free throw. 

I was wondering about Weathers, that answers my question. 

Edited by Greenfieldfan

24 minutes ago, rebelman101 said:

I have no idea why Weathers is  a Miss basketball candidate. She has only has one move and that is  dribbling behind her back and either scoring or driving to the basket. If she wins Miss Basketball that award is a joke. We basically put our best defender on her and made Loretto look for other scoring options. She only had like 3 threes two layups and a free throw. I was very impressed on how our girls played. We didn't give up and played our best game of the year. We didn't drive the basketball in the fourth quarter and it cost us. Huntingdon on the other hand should have won that basketball game. A costly turnover at the end led to game winning free throws. Coach Lowery for the fillies got out coached at the end. 

Chloe Moore is a beast. The other   two finalists are very good ball players but I find it hard to believe this was the best in A bball. I can’t believe a girl from the East wasn’t a finalists. One of the Monday twins from Clarkrange maybe or a Clay County girl? I figured the newspapers only nominated one of the Greenfield girls this time to keep from splitting the vote again which hurt them last year and allowed the Pickett County girl to win. Anyhow Region 6 winners better get it together because that was ugly and  it is going to only get harder from here. Good luck to all!

2 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

McKenzie played their heart out and was the more aggressive team for a while. Weathers is a good player but she is not a Chloe Moore right now. For a freshman, she definitely has game though no doubt. Huntingdon looked to be the better team of the four tonight. I thought they would have pressed more with Fuller out there and didn't know why number 45 sat most of the second half. Know she had three fouls but she was a beast in the first half. .

I think Coach lowery was afraid that Reed (45) would pick up her fourth foul there in the 3rd but I have no idea why he sat her so much in the fourth. Huntingdon had some turnovers at the end that cost them and she is a ball hander that keeps the game up tempo. I am impressed on how much Reed grew her game this year, she is a proven scorer and very fun to watch. The first game tonight was definitely a good one.

3 minutes ago, rebelman101 said:

I think Coach lowery was afraid that Reed (45) would pick up her fourth foul there in the 3rd but I have no idea why he sat her so much in the fourth. Huntingdon had some turnovers at the end that cost them and she is a ball hander that keeps the game up tempo. I am impressed on how much Reed grew her game this year, she is a proven scorer and very fun to watch. The first game tonight was definitely a good one.

Didn't understand why they didn't press Fuller more. She had three or four steals playing straight up.

10 minutes ago, Greenfieldfan said:

I agree 100%. I was thinking 4th best player on the court. I’ll take Edie Darby as my #3 player. 

I cant reply to your second comment on your post, but if you faceguard her then that shuts her down. We did that the whole game and had a chance to win the game. Loretto is very beatable, so no team should be intimated by their record. They don't have another go to scorer like Huntingdon GC or Greenfield. But she is just a freshmen so she will only get better. 

8 minutes ago, AllVolHere said:

Chloe Moore is a beast. The other   two finalists are very good ball players but I find it hard to believe this was the best in A bball. I can’t believe a girl from the East wasn’t a finalists. One of the Monday twins from Clarkrange maybe or a Clay County girl? I figured the newspapers only nominated one of the Greenfield girls this time to keep from splitting the vote again which hurt them last year and allowed the Pickett County girl to win. Anyhow Region 6 winners better get it together because that was ugly and  it is going to only get harder from here. Good luck to all!

I thought Huntingdon played very well and Summertown did not. Summertown got lucky at the end. Loretto better do something. They didn't even try to use their size advantage on us either. They have some tall girls in the post but they just didn't throw it inside. 

6 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Didn't understand why they didn't press Fuller more. She had three or four steals playing straight up.

I don't know either. She is a great defensive player. Very surprised that she came out playing well for them after her injury. Coach Lowery got out coached and that's plain and simple. If they would have done some things different at the end it would be a different outcome. 

41 minutes ago, Greenfieldfan said:

You must be up drinking late Greenfield if you think Lee was 4th best player on the floor! Lol  No doubt Moore was best player but Lee and Big Darby would be close.  Not close with the young one yet.   She will be a great one but she isn’t at Lee’s level yet. 

Edited by Intense

21 minutes ago, rebelman101 said:

I thought Huntingdon played very well and Summertown did not. Summertown got lucky at the end. Loretto better do something. They didn't even try to use their size advantage on us either. They have some tall girls in the post but they just didn't throw it inside. 

Lack of fundamentals got Huntingdon beat. Lots of atheletes but costly turnovers in last two minutes. You got to protect the ball!

1 minute ago, AllVolHere said:

Lack of fundamentals got Huntingdon beat. Lots of atheletes but costly turnovers in last two minutes. You got to protect the ball!

Really don't understand why you don't make Summertown foul you when leading by 5 to 6 points with 2 mins left. Lazy cross court passes are just stupid to throw when facing a press. Alli Jones knew better than to throw those at the end of the game. Coach Lowery should have used the timeout to run a play when they had the ball at the end of the game.