Region 7-A

GCPioneer

9 hours ago, dmm88 said:

I went to Gleason-Peabody. Pretty much the story was Peabody's pressure was too much for Gleason. And aside from Anderson and Atkins (who is gonna be REALLY good as a senior) they didn't get much from the other 3 starters, also they had way too many turnovers. Peabody scored enough points (off those Gleason turnovers and a monster game from Kiera Hill, who is getting NO looks from the local colleges) to pull it out, despite almost blowing the game, missing free throws down the stretch. Peabody is gonna have to play much better offensively to have any shot of beating GC. 

Idk where your getting your info on Kiera at but your wrong. She’s getting all kinds of looks from local colleges and colleges from out of state. Blowing the game? Hill hit 11/13 fths including some big ones down the stretch to ice it, couple Sophs hit 1-2 each late. Peabody never trailed in the 2nd half and Peabody answered Gleason when they cut it to 3. So idk about almost blowing the game! Y’all have slept on Peabody all season, this is a very young team, 3 seniors and 5 Sophs play and they have all come a long way this year especially with what they lost from last season! Hart is one of the best in the business and has got this group farther than anyone predicted! Last night was their 21st win and not surprising at all they beat Gleason, they got a great shot at beating GC on Saturday! Do they have to play better on offense? Yes, but they have had games this year where they’ve shot it well! Games with GC haven’t been blow outs till the final score, both games were under 6 pts late in the 3rd into the 4th quarter, not to mention theyve Beat some of the other top teams around the area, but to say you didn’t see this coming or to say some of the other things on here just because your misinformed is ridiculous!  Not saying Peabody will beat GC on Saturday but anything can happen! 

1 hour ago, BABABA said:

Idk where your getting your info on Kiera at but your wrong. She’s getting all kinds of looks from local colleges and colleges from out of state. Blowing the game? Hill hit 11/13 fths including some big ones down the stretch to ice it, couple Sophs hit 1-2 each late. Peabody never trailed in the 2nd half and Peabody answered Gleason when they cut it to 3. So idk about almost blowing the game! Y’all have slept on Peabody all season, this is a very young team, 3 seniors and 5 Sophs play and they have all come a long way this year especially with what they lost from last season! Hart is one of the best in the business and has got this group farther than anyone predicted! Last night was their 21st win and not surprising at all they beat Gleason, they got a great shot at beating GC on Saturday! Do they have to play better on offense? Yes, but they have had games this year where they’ve shot it well! Games with GC haven’t been blow outs till the final score, both games were under 6 pts late in the 3rd into the 4th quarter, not to mention theyve Beat some of the other top teams around the area, but to say you didn’t see this coming or to say some of the other things on here just because your misinformed is ridiculous!  Not saying Peabody will beat GC on Saturday but anything can happen! 

Good win for Peabody no doubt. Obviously Gleason wasn't able to dictate the pace like they do a lot. Peabody's pressure is always a concern. Would have been very interesting last year if Mayberry would have stayed healthy.

I am really surprised that Gleason lost last night.  My buddy was texting me play by play  and I couldn't believe what I was reading.  I know Peabody is good but I really thought Gleason would pull it out.  Greenfield I thought would win but from what I have heard it may be costly.  Any updates?  Gibson County was no surprise, they're a lock for the glass house.  I was at the Dresden game and Dresden pretty much lead all night until the last minute.  The refs didn't help out a whole lot.  Dresden had 2 starters foul out and only shot like 4 free throws, while Trinity shot 20 I bet.  Saying that, there were some easy lay ups missed late and Dresden still should have won.  Thats how it goes though.  Hopefully, the 8th graders come in and provide some depth.  Good luck to everyone, stay healthy and bring a gold ball to West TN.  

18 minutes ago, AllBall1 said:

I am really surprised that Gleason lost last night.  My buddy was texting me play by play  and I couldn't believe what I was reading.  I know Peabody is good but I really thought Gleason would pull it out.  Greenfield I thought would win but from what I have heard it may be costly.  Any updates?  Gibson County was no surprise, they're a lock for the glass house.  I was at the Dresden game and Dresden pretty much lead all night until the last minute.  The refs didn't help out a whole lot.  Dresden had 2 starters foul out and only shot like 4 free throws, while Trinity shot 20 I bet.  Saying that, there were some easy lay ups missed late and Dresden still should have won.  Thats how it goes though.  Hopefully, the 8th graders come in and provide some depth.  Good luck to everyone, stay healthy and bring a gold ball to West TN.  

No doubt I will always pull for GC to win the Gold Ball. If they get knocked out I am a fan from whoever is representing West TN. Prayers for safety and health of all the players!!!

3 hours ago, BABABA said:

Sheesh,  I don’t think he meant anything negative towards Peabody or Hill. He started it off complimenting both.  Peabdoy definitley got a good win last night.  Most would call it a small upset.  That’s not a bad thing. It was on the road against a good team.  Now they will get another chance against GC.  GC pretty much co trolled both games in regular season. You can say that it was a 6 point game in the third quarter of both but that was also the closest the game ever was. Both games were pretty much double digit leads  all game long. That doesn’t mean Peabody can’t beat GC. But GC has taken it to another level at every position.  It’s gonna be tough 

12 minutes ago, westtnsportsfan said:

Sheesh,  I don’t think he meant anything negative towards Peabody or Hill. He started it off complimenting both.  Peabdoy definitley got a good win last night.  Most would call it a small upset.  That’s not a bad thing. It was on the road against a good team.  Now they will get another chance against GC.  GC pretty much co trolled both games in regular season. You can say that it was a 6 point game in the third quarter of both but that was also the closest the game ever was. Both games were pretty much double digit leads  all game long. That doesn’t mean Peabody can’t beat GC. But GC has taken it to another level at every position.  It’s gonna be tough 

I agree... I didn't take anything dmm said as a jab at Peabody's team or players. He stated what he knew and what he thought.

It appears that Gibson has taken things to another level.... two consecutive games of really good basketball - multiple players hitting shots, great team defense, and the team selling out to do what it takes to make sure they're in Murfreesboro. The best teams in Single A in this area from the beginning of the regular to date have been Greenfield, Gibson, and TCA. We should have two good games tomorrow night at UT-Martin!

19 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

I agree... I didn't take anything dmm said as a jab at Peabody's team or players. He stated what he knew and what he thought.

It appears that Gibson has taken things to another level.... two consecutive games of really good basketball - multiple players hitting shots, great team defense, and the team selling out to do what it takes to make sure they're in Murfreesboro. The best teams in Single A in this area from the beginning of the regular to date have been Greenfield, Gibson, and TCA. We should have two good games tomorrow night at UT-Martin!

Thought GC put on a clinic last night of taking it to the rim and scoring in transition and using defense to set up offense. I said around Christmas if GC starts playing fast and up tempo more consistently they will be a handful. I think GC's guards are playing great getting the ball up the floor and playing fast and protecting the ball. Now Peabody is a dangerous team and GC will have to continue to play at a high level to win Saturday Night. Peabody has a great press and a great post player and if they are hitting shots can beat any body. But I am very proud the level GC is playing right now and hope it continues.

1 minute ago, pioneer42 said:

Thought GC put on a clinic last night of taking it to the rim and scoring in transition and using defense to set up offense. I said around Christmas if GC starts playing fast and up tempo more consistently they will be a handful. I think GC's guards are playing great getting the ball up the floor and playing fast and protecting the ball. Now Peabody is a dangerous team and GC will have to continue to play at a high level to win Saturday Night. Peabody has a great press and a great post player and if they are hitting shots can beat any body. But I am very proud the level GC is playing right now and hope it continues.

Yep... it is fun to watch! it's tough to guard five players on the floor who are all capable scorers. We just have to keep this momentum going forward.

22 hours ago, rebelman101 said:

GC over UC by at least 20

Peabody and Gleason goes back and forth but Gleason hits their free throws at the end to win it.

Greenfield running clock

The lone upset of the night. Dresden faceguards Lee and gets the W. If TCA plays zone than Dresden will knock down their threes. All 7 players can great shooters. If TCA plays man to man, then Dresden attacks the basket. Mikayla Peterson and Childress attack the basket, TCA has not faced a athletic tall post like  Tinley Winn before. I will eat my crow if TCA wins. 

You want some BBQ sauce with that crow?

8 minutes ago, AllVolHere said:

Tomorrow night predictions

Gibson County over Peabody by 8

Greenfield over TCA by 15

We will see who the real Miss Basketball is......

15 huh?  I’ll take TCA to cover your spread!  Who do I call to book my bet?  You may be surprised which Miss Basketball Finalist plays the best!  GC by 15 though.