Never too early...Who Wins Class A 2019-20 and why?

gogold

1 minute ago, pioneer42 said:

I figure it will be a crowd no doubt. Will be interesting to see how it unfolds. I definitely think Huntingdon has to have real good guard play to beat them. I think whoever handles pressure defense the best wins the game.

I haven't seen Huntingdon play, so I can't call it.  But I can say that they need to be prepared for being pressed, prepare to defend and navigate around a strong 6'2 post, and force passing turnovers as all players on Summertown can handle the rock (but they are susceptible to throw aways at times).

Summertown is extremely good.

21 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

Wayne Co got a big gym? What time do I need to get there to get a seat bout 4:00. This crowd could probably fill up Murphy Center.

For a single A school, they have a good sized gym!

I'd say no later than 4:30 if you want a good seat.  No later than 5 if you don't want to stand or sit in a corner.  Starts at 6 central.

27 minutes ago, mas1821 said:

I haven't seen Huntingdon play, so I can't call it.  But I can say that they need to be prepared for being pressed, prepare to defend and navigate around a strong 6'2 post, and force passing turnovers as all players on Summertown can handle the rock (but they are susceptible to throw aways at times).

Yeah I've seen Summertown and was impressed. They remind me of Gibson Co a lot. Not flashy but strong and steady. Fillies are fast and athletic but are prone to not taking care of the ball very well. If the Fillies can handle the press this one will go down to the wire. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mas1821 said:

Summertown’s TO’s is what them beat twice with us last year. That was the main difference. But that was last year. They have obviously some good wins against Dyersburg, Loretto and Covington. Huntingdon has been known to turn it over too. I think whoever handles the pressure will win. I do think Summertown is a slight favorite because it will be more of a home game for them.

4 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Summertown’s TO’s is what them beat twice with us last year. That was the main difference. But that was last year. They have obviously some good wins against Dyersburg, Loretto and Covington. Huntingdon has been known to turn it over too. I think whoever handles the pressure will win. I do think Summertown is a slight favorite because it will be more of a home game for them.

Agreed.  Summertown can still get rattled, but they are much improved over last year.  They also have a solid loss on their schedule.  They gave a very good AAA team in Page all they wanted in Page's gym.  Ended up losing by 3.

Just from peeping Huntingdon's schedule, if they can force turnovers and protect the ball, it's a toss up.  But if Summertown makes smart passes and shoots like they're capable of doing from 3, the game could get away from Huntingdon. 

3 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

Yeah I've seen Summertown and was impressed. They remind me of Gibson Co a lot. Not flashy but strong and steady. Fillies are fast and athletic but are prone to not taking care of the ball very well. If the Fillies can handle the press this one will go down to the wire. 

I agree 110%. Huntingdon had Summertown on life support last year and neither team has lost a lot so I expect to see a battle. Wouldn’t surprise me either way who wins. Both are good teams. But I do give Summertown a slight home court advantage.

Edited by pioneer42