Never too early...Who Wins Class A 2019-20 and why?

gogold

25 minutes ago, mas1821 said:

Summertown is much better this year.  Tourney time is tricky.  It could definitely be a close game, but I see Summertown winning by 15.  

I see Summertown as a composed, solid team that doesn't make a lot of mistakes. Nothing flashy,but a team you have to play clean against or you're beat. Huntingdon is just the opposite. Faster but doesn't take care of the ball as well as they need to. Fillies play very good defense and can shoot the three. Fillies will have to be on top of their game to have a chance to win. Summertown may be a little better team but the Fillies are a dangerous bunch.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, mas1821 said:

Summertown is much better this year.  Tourney time is tricky.  It could definitely be a close game, but I see Summertown winning by 15.  

Kacey Fuller is the X factor, IMO for Huntingdon. Any time she is on the floor and her motor gets going and gets engaged they are always a concern. They added the girl from Clarksburg as well. They may indeed win by 15, but I personally think it has a good chance of being a single digit game.

Summertown doesn't have a weak spot.  They have a very tough and big/strong post player.  Top to bottom, they handle the ball as well or better than any team in A.  Great 3 point shooting team.  On a good day, they can beat anyone.  Their PG got rattled in the District Championship.  I won't go into detail, but after a poor choice early in the second half, she never came back in the game (not sure why).  I'm sure if she played the rest of the game, the score would have been closer, but Loretto just played on another level.  If everyone contributes for Loretto like they did last night, even Greenfield will be playing catch up.  I realize Greenfield is the favorite, and deservedly so, but if both teams bring their A game, it will come down to who wants it more (or how 1 sided the refs are...  lol).  IMHO, Greenfield or Loretto will be your A State Champion this year.  And the distance between Greenfield and Loretto isn't as far as most think.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, mas1821 said:

Summertown doesn't have a weak spot.  They have a very tough and big/strong post player.  Top to bottom, they handle the ball as well or better than any team in A.  Great 3 point shooting team.  On a good day, they can beat anyone.  Their PG got rattled in the District Championship.  I won't go into detail, but after a poor choice early in the second half, she never came back in the game (not sure why).  I'm sure if she played the rest of the game, the score would have been closer, but Loretto just played on another level.  If everyone contributes for Loretto like they did last night, even Greenfield will be playing catch up.  I realize Greenfield is the favorite, and deservedly so, but if both teams bring their A game, it will come down to who wants it more (or how 1 sided the refs are...  lol).  IMHO, Greenfield or Loretto will be your A State Champion this year.  And the distance between Greenfield and Loretto isn't as far as most think.

I think Loretto and Greenfield on a neutral site is a slight Greenfield edge because they beat them earlier or a pick em. All depends on draws on how this thing plays out. Never know. Going to be 8 teams up there who can knock anyone off on a given day. Always is!! I agree Greenfield and Loretto are the two favorites but even that is not automatic.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pioneer42 said:

I think Loretto and Greenfield on a neutral site is a slight Greenfield edge because they beat them earlier or a pick em. All depends on draws on how this thing plays out. Never know. Going to be 8 teams up there who can knock anyone off on a given day. Always is!! I agree Greenfield and Loretto are the two favorites but even that is not automatic.

The earlier game was basically a home (and revenge) game for Greenfield.

But, I agree with your post.

27 minutes ago, mas1821 said:

The earlier game was basically a home (and revenge) game for Greenfield.

But, I agree with your post.

And Greenfield is undefeated and hadn’t been in but one four quarter game this year and that was with Loretto. Last year I believe the losses we had actually helped us refocus. Other than Chloe, last year Greenfield didn’t handle the fourth quarter with Loretto well at all. Had to many players wanting to be heroes  at the end. Thought Greenfield as a team handled their game last night and handled Loretto’s game this year late much better. 

Edited by pioneer42

Greenfield played their worst game of the year with Loretto that night at Westview and still won by 6. (Bad shooting night and missed several layups) i understand Loretto could have caused some of that. Greenfield can’t just stand outside and just shoot 3’s or we can get beat. If 3’s aren’t falling we have to go inside with Chloe and Tess. Loretto is a good rebounding team and will control the game on a bad shooting night. If we play ball it doesn’t matter. 

Edited by Greenfieldfan

4 minutes ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Greenfield played their worst game of the year with Loretto that night at Westview. (Bad shooting night and missed several layups) i understand Loretto could have caused some of that. Greenfield can’t just stand outside and just shoot 3’s or we can get beat. If 3’s aren’t falling we have to go inside with Chloe and Tess. Loretto is a good rebounding team and will control the game on a bad shooting night. If we play ball it doesn’t matter. 

If you play ball, it doesn't matter.  Seems you think if Greenfield plays well and Loretto plays well, Loretto won't have a chance.  This is laughable, but, tis your opinion. 

Loretto will be great for years to come.  And I'm thinking, just like last year, they will shock the masses again this year.

GL to everyone.  Gonna be fun

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Greenfield played their worst game of the year with Loretto that night at Westview. (Bad shooting night and missed several layups) i understand Loretto could have caused some of that. Greenfield can’t just stand outside and just shoot 3’s or we can get beat. If 3’s aren’t falling we have to go inside with Chloe and Tess. Loretto is a good rebounding team and will control the game on a bad shooting night. If we play ball it doesn’t matter. 

Greenfield’s first half with Loretto was similar to last nights UC game. Was off and the UTM goals could have had something to do with that, but they give the ball to Chloe in the second half in the paint and spread out let her take it to the rim. I agree with you they get a little to three happy at times.

5 minutes ago, mas1821 said:

If you play ball, it doesn't matter.  Seems you think if Greenfield plays well and Loretto plays well, Loretto won't have a chance.  This is laughable, but, tis your opinion. 

Loretto will be great for years to come.  And I'm thinking, just like last year, they will shock the masses again this year.

GL to everyone.  Gonna be fun

Going to be interesting for sure. I do think they will have to back off the full court pressure against y’all and other teams when it is not clicking. Loretto made a living last year on press breaks and UC did last night a bunch as well. You always look at when teams are peaking and Loretto seems to be peaking at the right time.

4 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Going to be interesting for sure. I do think they will have to back off the full court pressure against y’all and other teams when it is not clicking. Loretto made a living last year on press breaks and UC did last night a bunch as well. You always look at when teams are peaking and Loretto seems to be peaking at the right time.

Loretto has a decent chance of making noise at the state in both boys and girls basketball this year.  So, they will most definitely be playing with all the heart they've got, every minute of each game.

50 minutes ago, mas1821 said:

Loretto has a decent chance of making noise at the state in both boys and girls basketball this year.  So, they will most definitely be playing with all the heart they've got, every minute of each game.

They should be good and they are but Loretto is essentially a AA team getting to play A. Might not be as relevant as you think if you get classified up