Never too early...Who Wins Class A 2019-20 and why?

gogold

On 2/2/2020 at 8:17 PM, pioneer42 said:

Appreciate it. Yeah losing good players doesn’t help you that is for sure. We lost her last year at state with a broke ankle. 

Tough 12 months for this young lady.  Get better to her and show your skills at the next level.  She's a really good athlete.

18 minutes ago, gogold said:

Tough 12 months for this young lady.  Get better to her and show your skills at the next level.  She's a really good athlete.

Feel terrible for the kid. Been a terrible year for injuries. Summertown, South Side, Crockett County, Gleason, Westview...This is the fourth major injury for us since March 11th with starters, 2 of them with Macey. Our trainers have not had a break. Prayers to all teams for safety tonight and throughout the rest of the year.

Edited by pioneer42

14 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Feel terrible for the kid. Been a terrible year for injuries. Summertown, South Side, Crockett County, Gleason, Westview...This is the fourth major injury for us since March 11th with starters, 2 of them with Macey. Our trainers have not had a break. Prayers to all teams for safety tonight and throughout the rest of the year.

Amen !!!

13 minutes ago, gogold said:

How's your teams health headed into the final week of regular season ?  How's your team looking too?

Team is looking good and healthy but you know as I know when you lose a good player it is tougher. We have some good depth but they are young and our rotation has been 1 or 2 and some times none off of the bench some times. So many variables go into things. Things can change quick. Just have to pray that each team has their health and is free from injury going forward. GC will have region at our place this year and it is good to be at home. I personally think Loretto, Summertown and Clarkrange are a little ahead of us right now but could change as we are still adapting to filling a position and creating depth. I think Greenfield may be a slight step above the three I mentioned above but not by much. I do think it will be a good state tournament. Huntingdon and GC are a lot alike, IMO. Both teams are extremely dangerous but state rankings are probably correct.

Edited by pioneer42

6 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Team is looking good and healthy but you know as I know when you lose a good player it is tougher. We have some good depth but they are young and our rotation has been 1 or 2 and some times none off of the bench some times. So many variables go into things. Things can change quick. Just have to pray that each team has their health and is free from injury going forward. GC will have region at our place this year and it is good to be at home. I personally think Loretto, Summertown and Clarkrange are a little ahead of us right now but could change as we are still adapting to filling a position and creating depth. I think Greenfield may be a slight step above the three I mentioned above but not by much. I do think it will be a good state tournament. Huntingdon and GC are a lot alike, IMO. Both teams are extremely dangerous but state rankings are probably correct.

Hey,  don't Paul Bear Bryant me !  The Bear was always pointing out how great his competition was before his teams thumped you.  Lol !   GC  will be ready to role in the state tournament.  I have them as one of the 8 in my forecast.  Glad ya'll are rebounding from losing a really good player.  Good luck moving forward.

21 minutes ago, gogold said:

Hey,  don't Paul Bear Bryant me !  The Bear was always pointing out how great his competition was before his teams thumped you.  Lol !   GC  will be ready to role in the state tournament.  I have them as one of the 8 in my forecast.  Glad ya'll are rebounding from losing a really good player.  Good luck moving forward.

Appreciate it!! We will see!! Just have to all stay healthy. From flu, viruses whole nine yards. I just tell it like it is. Think we have a punchers chance “if” we get there. Keep in mind we have lost 7 players from last years team. We lost a starter a couple of weeks ago and a JV girl quit that would possibly be in rotation now right before that. What I said is accurate. On a neutral floor us and Huntingdon would be a coin toss and we would be slight underdogs to Loretto, Summertown and Clarkrange. Probably 10 point underdogs to Greenfield. Hopefully we will stay healthy and get these girls some experience. I feel like we can beat anyone on a given day but could lose to a Gleason, Dresden or a Union City on a given day. We have some good players. They just have to play good and stay out of foul trouble and stay healthy.

Edited by pioneer42

Just want to wish everyone in Class A good luck in the tournaments. Praying for the players with injuries and sickness. I hope we all can enjoy some great district/regional games coming up and thru the state tournament. IMO it's anybody's championship to win. I think we can all agree Class A has some great teams, players, and coaches. I'm a Clarkrange fan, but more importantly I am a fan of all kids trying to play the game they love and wish them along with the parents, coaches, fans, etc safe travels. May we all be blessed with good health, no injuries, good sportsmanship, and a little less rain. GOD BLESS YOU ALL!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ringmaster17 said:

Just want to wish everyone in Class A good luck in the tournaments. Praying for the players with injuries and sickness. I hope we all can enjoy some great district/regional games coming up and thru the state tournament. IMO it's anybody's championship to win. I think we can all agree Class A has some great teams, players, and coaches. I'm a Clarkrange fan, but more importantly I am a fan of all kids trying to play the game they love and wish them along with the parents, coaches, fans, etc safe travels. May we all be blessed with good health, no injuries, good sportsmanship, and a little less rain. GOD BLESS YOU ALL!

Same to you brother!! Clarkrange is always a threat to win it all and is a classy program. I am with you in that there are a ton of great teams in Class A and coaches. I hope we can all stay healthy from here on out. We have been blessed a ton. It is very tough seeing a kid go down in her last year in the blink of an eye. You feel helpless for them. Prayers to all for safety and good health to players and fans and coaches!!.

Edited by pioneer42

7 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

District 13 A is the best district by far around. Has five really good teams in Greenfield, Union City, Dresden, Gleason and Bradford. Watched a very good Dresden team last night!! 

I agree with you. Watched Gleason and Dresden play an overtime game Friday night. Both teams can play!!! Packed gym and great atmosphere. Besides Greenfield, there isn’t 5points difference between the next 4 teams in that district. It’s a shame that only 2 teams can advance from that region.