Never too early...Who Wins Class A 2019-20 and why?

gogold

27 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

Union City just beat Covington 42-34...

Union City is capable of beating any Single A team in the state not named Greenfield. They have size, length, athleticism, and knock down shooters. If they show up to play every night, they’re going to be tough to beat!

Union City is a good team no doubt. I think next year they will take the lead in 13 A. I do think they struggle going against a zone defense. They seem very tentative against it for whatever reason. But you are right. I think there is a good chance they are the number 2 team in their District this year.That whole District is tough. GC will have their hands full getting out of the Region this year starting with the first round. They definitely will have to be clicking on all cylinders and playing their best ball of the year to advance which I feel they can just have to put it together.i really think the last few games they have played team ball and are on the right track.

On 1/17/2020 at 9:49 PM, iswhatitis said:

Glad I traveled east to watch the Summertown/Loretto matchup. Loretto looked sluggish and out of sync. Summertown’s point guard controlled the game from tip-off. Half-court defense by Summertown was very good! What an AMAZING gym and atmosphere!! Better watch out for this team, started a Freshman, Sophomore, and 3 Juniors. Great Team win for Summertown!! 

Glad you could make the trip and didn't mind feeling like a sardine!   Atmosphere will be just as loud and crazy at the barn in a couple of weeks too!  

23 minutes ago, Brazier said:

Glad you could make the trip and didn't mind feeling like a sardine!   Atmosphere will be just as loud and crazy at the barn in a couple of weeks too!  

It will be tough on Huntingdon to come to that atmosphere for Region. I hope the region will be on different nights than ours.

3 hours ago, Waker said:

How is it determined where region is played?

The District Coaches get together and decide where to have it. They alternate every year on which District decides. Huntington’s district had the Region last year at Bethel. This year it is at either Loretto or Summertown and is their district’s turn. I watched it last year at Bethel and it was two really good games. Our region Greenfield’s district chose UTM for Region last year and our district chose GC for our region this year.