Never too early...Who Wins Class A 2019-20 and why?

gogold

On 1/8/2020 at 1:50 PM, dmm88 said:

Any weaknesses that Greenfield has, OR anything they can improve???? I agree with another poster. A athletic team, with good rebounders who can handle their pressure could give them problems.

True. The only one that I've seen this year that could give them problems is Loretto (so far) and they beat Loretto by 5 in Martin. Loretto fans said it felt like a road game with everyone cheering against them in Westview's gym. I'm predicting another matchup between those 2 somewhere later this year.....I'm really going out on a limb, ain't I? lol

1 hour ago, SuperFan14A said:

True. The only one that I've seen this year that could give them problems is Loretto (so far) and they beat Loretto by 5 in Martin. Loretto fans said it felt like a road game with everyone cheering against them in Westview's gym. I'm predicting another matchup between those 2 somewhere later this year.....I'm really going out on a limb, ain't I? lol

Just making it up there gives you some hope. Whoever makes it up from here being opposite Greenfield will have a punchers chance. Think after Greenfield and Loretto the teams start evening out a lot more. Clarkrange is tough, but who thought that Clarkrange, Greenfield and Loretto would be In the same bracket. Somebody will get hot. Hope it is GC.

17 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

GC played their best game of the year tonight, IMO. They shared the ball and played great team ball tonight. If they play like they did tonight and can build off of this game, they can make a deep run. Each player got into the act and had multiple assists. Very impressed.

That’s what it takes! GC with a weak district and home gym for regionals will be in good shape I believe. Good post player, good shooter in Bass, tough team come tournament time 

34 minutes ago, hoopfever said:

That’s what it takes! GC with a weak district and home gym for regionals will be in good shape I believe. Good post player, good shooter in Bass, tough team come tournament time 

They shared the ball so well they had four players in double figures. I think if GC can get out of West TN they will be comfortable in the Boro. Not saying they win or predicting it just think they will have confidence if they can get out of here.

Edited by pioneer42

Well, it's getting to be about that time.  Loretto and Summertown are about to play round one of their epic battles Friday night.  Loretto has to go on the road to the eagles nest, which is a really hard place to get a win.  It should be a war !  This is what girls basketball is all about !

On 1/9/2020 at 10:08 PM, SuperFan14A said:

If Huntingdon were to play Greenfield 10 times this year they would get stomped 10 times. Greenfield is on another level right now. The Lady Jackets are such a ball smart team. They just don't make mistakes. They really understand the game and their roles. Hats off to anyone that can beat this bunch. I don't believe anyone can.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, gogold said:

Well, it's getting to be about that time.  Loretto and Summertown are about to play round one of their epic battles Friday night.  Loretto has to go on the road to the eagles nest, which is a really hard place to get a win.  It should be a war !  This is what girls basketball is all about !

Glad I'm going to be upstairs cause it's gonna be loud, overcrowded and hot in that gym fri night!    Round#1  this Friday night!    #beatthemponys! 

31 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

If Huntingdon were to play Greenfield 10 times this year they would get stomped 10 times. Greenfield is on another level right now. The Lady Jackets are such a ball smart team. They just don't make mistakes. They really understand the game and their roles. Hats off to anyone that can beat this bunch. I don't believe anyone can.

Huntingdon missed several lay ups in the first half and just started turning it over a lot. Same thing everyone else does. Huntingdon played good defense at times. Three things that need to happen when you play them. Handle the ball, box out and rebound well and get back on defense quick. These theee are a must.

1 hour ago, Croppygenius said:

It was nice to meet you Croppy last night.  Huntingdon is a good team and I expect them to be at state. Our team is really fun to watch and a great group of girls. It’s really unbelievable that a school our size has this much talent but anyone can have a bad night. Hope to see you down the road.  

2 hours ago, Timeslowdownplease said:

Loretto looking for 5th in a row over Summertown tonight. Game will be physical, if Referees call all the fouls fans ears will be hurting tonight.  Look for the mustangs to pull away in the fourth quarter.

Will be a tough game. Keep us updated. Both teams are very good.