Never too early...Who Wins Class A 2019-20 and why?

gogold

35 minutes ago, NWhoopaholic said:

I have explained our process on here before but here it is again. Before the 1st poll the voters across the state share recommendations with each other so we can make a more educated vote. Media in NE Tn. did not share information on No. Greene but did recommend Tellico in the 9-10 range. Also No. Greene was not in the Top 10 SOS here on CoachT so believe that's why they were overlooked. I personally also leaned on Tim Lownsdale's Coaches Poll because he does a good job evaluating teams across the state. He had No. Greene at #5 so I probably should've voted them somewhere. I will rectify that next week.

I take voting in the AP poll very seriously and the vast majority of my colleagues do as well. We do not just look at records. Polls will always be open to disagreement but they serve a purpose and most of all that is to give the youngsters some deserved notoriety. I appreciate all input on these boards about your teams and use it in preparing for broadcasts.

By the way, tonight's Greenfield-Gleason games can be heard on 101.3 WCMT beginning at 5:40.

Explained perfectly! Makes me feel better having people like you who vote and actually care about the game and kids. You are very knowledgeable about the game . I don’t get to make as many games as I’d like due to work so I really appreciate the broadcasts on the radio. You guys do a great job.

Edited by hoopfever

1 hour ago, NWhoopaholic said:

I have explained our process on here before but here it is again. Before the 1st poll the voters across the state share recommendations with each other so we can make a more educated vote. Media in NE Tn. did not share information on No. Greene but did recommend Tellico in the 9-10 range. Also No. Greene was not in the Top 10 SOS here on CoachT so believe that's why they were overlooked. I personally also leaned on Tim Lownsdale's Coaches Poll because he does a good job evaluating teams across the state. He had No. Greene at #5 so I probably should've voted them somewhere. I will rectify that next week.

I take voting in the AP poll very seriously and the vast majority of my colleagues do as well. We do not just look at records. Polls will always be open to disagreement but they serve a purpose and most of all that is to give the youngsters some deserved notoriety. I appreciate all input on these boards about your teams and use it in preparing for broadcasts.

By the way, tonight's Greenfield-Gleason games can be heard on 101.3 WCMT beginning at 5:40.

I appreciate the compliment!

North Greene is very comparable to a Dresden or a Gleason... fundamentally sound, play hard, shoot it decently, one solid post player... they don’t see near the competition that a Gleason or Dresden team does though thus the better record. I got a chance to see them at the Andrew Johnson Bank Classic in Greeneville over the break. They'll likely make it to state from that part of the state.

Edited by GCPioneer

53 minutes ago, NWhoopaholic said:

Thanks for the reply. I’m not a 1A person, I just know there’s a big gap between those two teams, I also know there’s a big gap between Meigs and Sullivan Central, Meigs Grainger and Upperman are pretty close. I know it’s hard to see all the good teams across the state. 

6 hours ago, hoopfever said:

Explained perfectly! Makes me feel better having people like you who vote and actually care about the game and kids. You are very knowledgeable about the game . I don’t get to make as many games as I’d like due to work so I really appreciate the broadcasts on the radio. You guys do a great job.

Appreciate the kind words. Glad you get to hear games when you can't attend. 

Think Greenfield removed any doubt they are #1 in Class A tonight.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NWhoopaholic said:

What was the score tonight? The Fillies beat Gleason 51-39 Friday night. I don’t think Gleason scores in the first quarter. I’m looking forward to Huntingdon traveling to Greenfield next week. I haven’t seen Greenfield since these girls were sophomores.

Edited by Waker

7 hours ago, NWhoopaholic said:

Nwhoopaholic, you do a great job and put a lot of time & effort into your voting and announcing, I appreciate that. Thank you!

This Greenfield team is really good, they could score 100 against a good Gleason team if the main 8 played the whole game. Gleason played a good game and very well could be the second best team in our region. 

Greenfield 80 Gleason 35 2:09 left in 3rd quarter. 10 new girls on the floor and clock running nonstop. 

Edited by Greenfieldfan

4 hours ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Nwhoopaholic, you do a great job and put a lot of time & effort into your voting and announcing, I appreciate that. Thank you!

Thanks GFFan! Final score 83-41. Great crowd last night at "The Hive." WCMT will be back Friday for Dresden matchup and Monday with Huntingdon. 

5 minutes ago, dmm88 said:

Any weaknesses that Greenfield has, OR anything they can improve???? I agree with another poster. A athletic team, with good rebounders who can handle their pressure could give them problems.

And that's no body in Single A, Double A, Triple A, Division II-A...

Greenfield and Ensworth would be a good game.

Edited by GCPioneer
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Greenfieldfan said:

GCPioneer, You know your basketball, that coming from you means something. This is a special group of girls.  Thank you 

Greenfield is probably one of the better teams we have seen around here in a while. To beat Greenfield I have said numerous times you have to handle the ball really well and rebound really well and shoot well. Loretto matches up well. Now Greenfield shot the ball terrible as both teams did in front of Kelly Harper (nerves) in Martin. In 2010 we beat a really good South Green team by 40 with a running clock in the semis and the next day we were down by 18 and won a dogfight with McMinn Central, who had barely beat Westview, who we had handled pretty good all year.the day before. 3 day back to back event in Murfreesboro. 1) What kind of draw do you have? 2) Will you get a ref crew that invents fouls? 3) Can you keep everyone healthy? I thought number 1 bit Greenfield last year. Didn’t the year before but they need a good draw. GC had a better draw than Greenfield last year but we have had our share of bad draws as well. If Greenfield is not playing GC they will have my support as will every West TN team.