Never too early...Who Wins Class A 2019-20 and why?

gogold

5 hours ago, spanarkle said:

The transfer you are referring to played all of last year with Clarksburg while living in Cedar Grove....moved to Huntingdon in Sept but continued to attend Clarksburg. She played in Clarksburgs first 8 games with Dec 9th being her last game. 

How is she elgible then? Played for Clarksburg while living in Huntingdon but now going to play for Huntingdon. 

1 hour ago, GCPioneer said:

The family made a bonafide change of residence.... eligible....

So you can move to another town but while living in that town play for your current school and then play at the town you moved too in the same year? Don’t think I have ever heard of a change of residence yet still playing for the town you moved from .

First AP poll of the year came out yesterday.  

1. Greenfield (12)                15-0    127 

2. Loretto                             11-2    105 

3. Clarkrange (1)                 13-2     98  

4. Pickett County                14-1     88  

5. Summertown                  10-3    61  

6. Cloudland                        12-2    49

7. Tellico Plains                     8-0     41  

8. Huntingdon                      11-3    33

9. Gibson County                  9-7     32  

10. Oneida                            12-4    22

It's actually not bad, which is kind of strange for an AP poll.  I would have Huntingdon and Gibson County at 6 and 7, but that's just me.  I would love to know who didn't vote for Greenfield as number 1.  Clarkrange is really good, but I don't see how anyone could put them in front of Greenfield

1 hour ago, maddams said:

It's actually not bad, which is kind of strange for an AP poll.  I would have Huntingdon and Gibson County at 6 and 7, but that's just me.  I would love to know who didn't vote for Greenfield as number 1.  Clarkrange is really good, but I don't see how anyone could put them in front of Greenfield

Reason it is hard to go by polls. Lots of votes are voted with their heart instead of reason. Clarkrange is a good team and is very capable of winning the Gold Ball but the first three are accurate, IMO. I do think the first three are dangerous enough that you better be on your A game or your going home quick. 

Edited by pioneer42

1 hour ago, maddams said:

They lift out North Greene, witch is way better than Tellico, and I’ve seen both play, Tellico has played two teams that has more than 4 wins. There simply looking at record, there’s no way there one of the top ten teams in 1A.

17 minutes ago, Dadof2 said:

They lift out North Greene, witch is way better than Tellico, and I’ve seen both play, Tellico has played two teams that has more than 4 wins. There simply looking at record, there’s no way there one of the top ten teams in 1A.

Yeah they went to sleep on North Green. I hear they are a real good team.

3 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

There simply looking at record, there’s no way there one of the top ten teams in 1A.

I have explained our process on here before but here it is again. Before the 1st poll the voters across the state share recommendations with each other so we can make a more educated vote. Media in NE Tn. did not share information on No. Greene but did recommend Tellico in the 9-10 range. Also No. Greene was not in the Top 10 SOS here on CoachT so believe that's why they were overlooked. I personally also leaned on Tim Lownsdale's Coaches Poll because he does a good job evaluating teams across the state. He had No. Greene at #5 so I probably should've voted them somewhere. I will rectify that next week.

I take voting in the AP poll very seriously and the vast majority of my colleagues do as well. We do not just look at records. Polls will always be open to disagreement but they serve a purpose and most of all that is to give the youngsters some deserved notoriety. I appreciate all input on these boards about your teams and use it in preparing for broadcasts.

By the way, tonight's Greenfield-Gleason games can be heard on 101.3 WCMT beginning at 5:40.

• Like 1