Never too early...Who Wins Class A 2019-20 and why?

gogold

5 hours ago, hoopfever said:

Heard from a friend today that Gleason will be without their coach the next 2 games. Said he got 2 technicals at a Holiday Tournament in Nashville.That will be a big disadvantage for them tonight . He said Atkins was supposed to play her first game tonight and Anderson next week. Happy for those 2 players. Also think GC will give TCA all they want Saturday night. Solid players on both teams 

Huntingdon won the game by 10 or so but was up by 22 at one point in the 4th quarter. Gleason’s big girl hurt something looked  like in the 2nd quarter and was out the rest of the game. Prayers for her that it is not serious. Gleason had the younger Anderson and Atkins on the floor tonight. They got it going in the 4th but it was too late, but they have talent and are mixxing  and matching trying to get the chemistry going. They will be a handful come tournament time. Huntingdon will be a very dangerous team as well. The transfer is who I thought it was and will provide immediate guard help for Huntingdon. She will be on the floor when school starts. Huntingdon looked really well coached tonight and their offense was clicking. Will be an extremely tough out in February. 

Edited by pioneer42

On 1/1/2020 at 9:48 PM, pioneer42 said:

You are thinking about Ashland Yarbrough. It is not her. She played for Clarksburg last year if it is who I am thinking about. She is as fast as Ashland though. She didn’t play HS ball last winter. She played Nov. and Dec. and that is why she is elgible in Jan. I think. She will give Fuller some immediate help and may play PG and move Fuller to 2.

The transfer you are referring to played all of last year with Clarksburg while living in Cedar Grove....moved to Huntingdon in Sept but continued to attend Clarksburg. She played in Clarksburgs first 8 games with Dec 9th being her last game. 

9 minutes ago, spanarkle said:

The transfer you are referring to played all of last year with Clarksburg while living in Cedar Grove....moved to Huntingdon in Sept but continued to attend Clarksburg. She played in Clarksburgs first 8 games with Dec 9th being her last game. 

She didn’t play against us and we played in Hall of Fame in November. I noticed it right off of the bat because she is good. I heard she had moved to Huntingdon. She is a good player. Will help Huntingdon a lot.

Edited by pioneer42

9 minutes ago, spanarkle said:

She did play against GC. You might be thinking of the little guard that was a shooter.. .she's been hurt all season only playing 2 games

This topic has gotten a bit confusing but I know Spanarkle knows Clarksburg. If she played at Clarksburg this year, move notwithstanding, she has an athletic record there. Would she not be ineligible for a calendar year?

14 minutes ago, NWhoopaholic said:

This topic has gotten a bit confusing but I know Spanarkle knows Clarksburg. If she played at Clarksburg this year, move notwithstanding, she has an athletic record there. Would she not be ineligible for a calendar year?

I know she is elgible. I asked the coach where she was and he told me she wasn’t playing at all. I talked to him 30 minutes in our hospitality room a week after our game. Yes she would be ineligible this year if she played a play and transferred shools and lived in the same house. You can’t play at two different schools in the same house and be eligible. She is elgible though. She hasn’t played since last December.

Edited by pioneer42