Never too early...Who Wins Class A 2019-20 and why?

gogold

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

Macon County is tough too. Westview will be better by year end especially when Callins is back.Mimi McBee number 11 I think and I might be wrong on spelling is probably back by now as well for Loretto. She has been hurt with an ankle some of the year I know. Really good player.

Mimi is now back, but she's not back to form yet.  It's good to have her back.  Autumn Buttrum did a fine job in her place.  We are lucky to be as deep as we are on the court. 

54 minutes ago, gogold said:

Mimi is now back, but she's not back to form yet.  It's good to have her back.  Autumn Buttrum did a fine job in her place.  We are lucky to be as deep as we are on the court. 

Mimi is a good player. I was impressed with Loretto on how well you guys played Greenfield. I wished we didn’t play the same nights. I would love to come and watch the Summertown wars coming up. Would be worth the drive.

23 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Mimi is a good player. I was impressed with Loretto on how well you guys played Greenfield. I wished we didn’t play the same nights. I would love to come and watch the Summertown wars coming up. Would be worth the drive.

Your team has some good ones I would like to see too.  GC will be battle tested and ready come tournament time.

Edited by gogold

45 minutes ago, gogold said:

Your team has some good ones I would like to see too.  GC will be battle tested and ready come tournament time.

You know if you can make it to state any thing can happen. Greenfield has had the toughest draw the last two years. You played Greenfied the day before you played us last year and that gave us an advantage, IMO. We were undefeated in 2016 and beat number 1 Middleton and lost to South Green the next day in the finals. The draw at the state can make you or break you. We are not playing as consistent right now as Greenfield, Loretto, Clarkrange, and Summertown. We will be battle tested for sure, but we still have a ways to go. 

12 minutes ago, Jaychapman said:

Amen state tournament draw as big as any game you play all year 

Agree. Greenfield would have had to beat the three of the four best teams up there not including themselves last year. They actually did it the year before. Reason I say you just got to get there and see what happens. Never know.  

Tim Lownsdale’s Coaches Poll this week:

1. Greenfield

2. Loretto

3. Clarkrange

4. Summertown 

5. Pickett Co

6. North Greene

7. Gibson Co

8. Cloudland

9. Tellico Plains

10. Whitwell

I would definitely have Huntingdon ranked in front of 8, 9, and 10. I also think Gibson is probably top 5 though I understand the difficulty with ranking them there based on their record. 
Thoughts?

2 hours ago, maddams said:

1. Greenfield

2. Loretto

3. Clarkrange

4. Summertown 

5. Pickett Co

6. North Greene

7. Gibson Co

8. Cloudland

9. Tellico Plains

10. Whitwell

I would definitely have Huntingdon ranked in front of 8, 9, and 10. I also think Gibson is probably top 5 though I understand the difficulty with ranking them there based on their record. 
Thoughts?

IMO Union City could make same argument as Huntingdon. They beat Dresden who split with Huntingdon. They have played a tougher schedule too. 5 thru 7 it just depends on which team shows up. 1&2 is solid. 3&4 I personally think Summertowns size would cause CR issues but CR has the better record. 8 thru 20 pretty even

Edited by AllVolHere

3 hours ago, maddams said:

1. Greenfield

2. Loretto

3. Clarkrange

4. Summertown 

5. Pickett Co

6. North Greene

7. Gibson Co

8. Cloudland

9. Tellico Plains

10. Whitwell

Thoughts?

I think GC and Summertown are close with Summertown a slight edge right now. The rest of them I don’t know a lot about. North Green is like GC in that they have a good AA win vs South Green and ours is a solid Westview team. I think Westview will make a run at the AA title when it Is all said and done. Summertown will give Loretto a run for their money in the Disteict Tournammet, IMO. Union City, Dresden, Huntingdon and Gleason are all good and can beat a lot of good teams and could make a run. Guess we will find out later in year who survives when all the Single A teams collide. Is every one healthy?? Which teams are the hottest and stepping their game up?? Going to be interesting.