Never too early...Who Wins Class A 2019-20 and why?

gogold

12 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

The kid that Arlington was missing tonight was guard Christina Nichols. The only 6’3 kid they got was out there playing. Arlington is a very good team. I feel like our kids took a step forward in the right direction tonight, just have to keep it going.

As far as the rest of this conversation goes, I’ve seen nearly all of the top teams in the state and Greenfield is in the top 5 team regardless of classification. They can score the ball as well as anybody and that press will wear a team down over the course of a game. Not many teams have a Tennessee, along with one of the best point guards in the state, along with Edie Darby, along with other very good roll players...

I met the girl and the coach outside. She was taller than the coach and was taller than me by a couple inches or so. I assumed she was a post. Coach said she was committed to St. Francis which is a Div. 1 school right?  Chloe Moore is the best player in Tennessee, IMO and I will give them their due. I just made a comment that Arlington might be our toughest test yet. I seen them all summer go through good teams like Covington and blow them out of the gym. All the Greenfield Fans get mad over the least little things.

6 hours ago, Brazier said:

Summertown with a ugly win but a great win nonetheless over Covington in Knoxville today.   This team is starting to look and play like they're supposed to

Summertown is real close with Clarkrange and Loretto right now, IMO. They have beat a good Dyersburg team and a good Covington team and took South Side to the wire. I would love to go and watch your games down the road with Loretto. Going to be some wars.

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

I met the girl and the coach outside. She was taller than the coach and was taller than me by a couple inches or so. I assumed she was a post. Coach said she was committed to St. Francis which is a Div. 1 school right?  Chloe Moore is the best player in Tennessee, IMO and I will give them their due. I just made a comment that Arlington might be our toughest test yet. I seen them all summer go through good teams like Covington and blow them out of the gym. All the Greenfield Fans get mad over the least little things.

Chloe is a great player, no question.... look up Madison Hayes, Kamilla Cardosa, Treasure Hunt, Alasia Hayes, Destinee Wells, Dontavia Waggoner just to name a few...

Christina is probably about 5'11 and a guard, headed to St. Francis up in Pennsylvania. I'm certain she will go into that program next year as a freshman and play immediately. She is a game changer for Arlington in that game tonight. Regardless, I'm pleased with how well we actually played them. They have a very good team!

Edited by GCPioneer
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, GCPioneer said:

The kid that Arlington was missing tonight was guard Christina Nichols. The only 6’3 kid they got was out there playing. Arlington is a very good team. I feel like our kids took a step forward in the right direction tonight, just have to keep it going.

As far as the rest of this conversation goes, I’ve seen nearly all of the top teams in the state and Greenfield is in the top 5 team regardless of classification. They can score the ball as well as anybody and that press will wear a team down over the course of a game. Not many teams have a Tennessee, along with one of the best point guards in the state, along with Edie Darby, along with other very good roll players...

Good post. You know Your basketball

8 hours ago, GCPioneer said:

Chloe is a great player, no question.... look up Madison Hayes, Kamilla Cardosa, Treasure Hunt, Alasia Hayes, Destinee Wells, Dontavia Waggoner just to name a few...

Christina is probably about 5'11 and a guard, headed to St. Francis up in Pennsylvania. I'm certain she will go into that program next year as a freshman and play immediately. She is a game changer for Arlington in that game tonight. Regardless, I'm pleased with how well we actually played them. They have a very good team!

I am pleased with how they played them as well. We need to play that way consistently to make a deep run. They played better as a team last night and faster. If we start rebounding better and control our TO’s, we will be major competitive. It was dark outside and we were in parking lot I may have been on the downhill side of the parking lot but she looked tall from where I was. It was a hard fought game. Greenfield Fans were complimenting after the game how entertaining it was. Greenfield Fan I do apologize to you I meant no disrespect to Greenfield when I got scolded for saying Arlington was maybe our toughest test. 

1 hour ago, Greenfieldfan said:

In my opinion Loretto would win the Gold Ball in AA this year. 

Macon County is tough too. Westview will be better by year end especially when Callins is back.Mimi McBee number 11 I think and I might be wrong on spelling is probably back by now as well for Loretto. She has been hurt with an ankle some of the year I know. Really good player.