Waverly 2019

Wavo2004

50 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

I am a little confused as well. Waverly is blue and white, but they have black helmets now? I mean I like them being from South Pitt, but that’s strange to say the least. 

The Waverly baseball team has had black in their uniforms for over a decade. Even the basketball teams have had black in their uniforms. It’s not taking away from the blue and white, its just an extra addition to the color scheme. 

33 minutes ago, Salem said:

Enough about their uniforms. How did the team look in the scrimmage? Who are the playmakers this season?

I was not sure how well they would look after losing the big 3 to graduation but was very impressed with their performance last night. I was most impressed with QB Brooks #15. He is young but came out commanding the offense and slinging the ball. He runs extremely well also. Waverly was VERY physical on both sides of the ball. The OL DL are big strong and experienced. The backs Houston, Ingram, and Stewart are big and physical. The receiving corp looks pretty good with B. Stanfield,G. Stanfield,Stewart, and Christman. Even though everything was very basic last night the physicality and effort that those boys displayed was refreshing to see. Looking forward to the Gibson Co scrimmage Friday. Waverly hasn’t fallen off like some thought they would. They just reloaded. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Trollin said:

I was not sure how well they would look after losing the big 3 to graduation but was very impressed with their performance last night. I was most impressed with QB Brooks #15. He is young but came out commanding the offense and slinging the ball. He runs extremely well also. Waverly was VERY physical on both sides of the ball. The OL DL are big strong and experienced. The backs Houston, Ingram, and Stewart are big and physical. The receiving corp looks pretty good with B. Stanfield,G. Stanfield,Stewart, and Christman. Even though everything was very basic last night the physicality and effort that those boys displayed was refreshing to see. Looking forward to the Gibson Co scrimmage Friday. Waverly hasn’t fallen off like some thought they would. They just reloaded. 

Tell the team to give gibson county a good pounding for me lol   

On 3/29/2019 at 2:35 PM, Wavo2004 said:

What's everyone's thoughts on Waverly for this upcoming season 

Hickman county will finally trounce Waverly this season because y’all were a senior heavy team last season. Plus we still have Rockezis Collins and he’s like a mini Derrick Henry

Edited by bigmac45