District 5AAA 2019-2020

FootballFan51

35 minutes ago, bleedblackandgold said:

I have only seen him coach the one game. But, there is no way I would allow my daughter to play for him. His assistant coach and girls on the team had to talk him calm before he himself was given a technical and his team would argue every foul and had terrible attitudes- the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree- and they are learning bad habits from someone they look up to. How did he win coach of the year?

Last year, Cleveland was picked to finish middle of pack & ended up finishing 2nd, so I can sort of see how he would have won it from their performance (and it was awarded before Bradley won the State Championship).

Edited by FootballFan51

On 12/14/2019 at 8:54 PM, bleedblackandgold said:

You nailed it. Great ballgame and the better team one. I am shocked that the Cleveland coach is so hot headed and still won “coach of the year”. First time I had seen him on the sideline and it was embarrassing and clear that is attitude has bled to his team. Terrible attitudes and the technical was well deserved it the PG. 

Well his team was getting the short end of the stick by the refs late in the game. He obviously sticks up for his girls.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, clevelandblueraiderfan said:

Well his team was getting the short end of the stick by the refs late in the game. He obviously sticks up for his girls.

I was at the game.  Bradley had just as many fouls (if not more) than Cleveland.  They had several girls in foul trouble in the first half.  So I know for a fact that his girls were not being picked on.  Fouls were being called both ways. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, bleedblackandgold said:

I was at the game.  Bradley had just as many fouls (if not more) than Cleveland.  They had several girls in foul trouble in the first half.  So I know for a fact that his girls were not being picked on.  Fouls were being called both ways. 

It's not the amount of calls, it's the type of calls. It was very even early, but I do feel like Bradley got away with more context in the 4th.

29 minutes ago, clevelandblueraiderfan said:

It's not the amount of calls, it's the type of calls. It was very even early, but I do feel like Bradley got away with more context in the 4th.

I was just stating my opinion.  Either way, from an outsider looking in- his and his players actions were uncalled for and embarrassing to say the least- I myself would not want my daughter playing for someone who acts like a two year old when things do not go their way.  Coaching should be more that basketball- how about teaching the kids life lessons? 

1 hour ago, bleedblackandgold said:

I was just stating my opinion.  Either way, from an outsider looking in- his and his players actions were uncalled for and embarrassing to say the least- I myself would not want my daughter playing for someone who acts like a two year old when things do not go their way.  Coaching should be more that basketball- how about teaching the kids life lessons? 

As long as he's standing up for his players,  I'm good. He's not a robot. Emotion isn't a bad thing.

In response to bradley losing to blackman.

The wont lose to a aaa team at  rest of this year. And will finisj season 33 3 and win state title. East hamilton took them to overtime tonight in a thriller but walker came through in clutch as usual as did Blair. Bradley was down as much as 13 in 3rd quarter. Madison hayes played great (hail state) and fouled out in ot. That was a wake up call to bradley to not sleep on anybody. They have now won 71 straight district games.. On a sidenote congrats to clarkrange coavh for passing up smiddy as tennessee all time winningest

Edited by Bearettesalltheway

25 minutes ago, Bearettesalltheway said:

In response to bradley losing to blackman.

The wont lose to a aaa team at  rest of this year. And will finisj season 33 3 and win state title. East hamilton took them to overtime tonight in a thriller but walker came through in clutch as usual as did Blair. Bradley was down as much as 13 in 3rd quarter. Madison hayes played great (hail state) and fouled out in ot. That was a wake up call to bradley to not sleep on anybody. They have now won 71 straight district games.. On a sidenote congrats to clarkrange coavh for passing up smiddy as tennessee all time winningest

Bradley has some tough games come up, Bearden might be the best team Bradley has played this year, and Farragut is good to.