District 5AAA 2019-2020

FootballFan51

20 hours ago, BasketballVol said:

I have seen EH play on several occasions, unfortunately they are just not very good. Madison Hayes is the best player in the state but she has zero help on that team. The younger Hayes is good but her youth still shows. The remaining players just are not good basketball players. They will win games because Madison will carry them but against the top teams they will lose every time because she cannot do it by herself

Sound like the real battle in 5AAA will be for 2nd place between EHam & Cleveland. 

Cleveland has some good shooters that can get hot. Will just have to limit Madison to under 25 ish, if EHam doesn’t have much of a supporting cast. 

I think Cleveland has some Freshman that will move into the top 8-9 in the rotation that are better ball players than some of the current upperclass non-starters. 

Edited by FootballFan51

12 minutes ago, FootballFan51 said:

Sound like the real battle in 5AAA will be for 2nd place between EHam & Cleveland. 

Cleveland has some good shooters that can get hot. Will just have to limit Madison to under 25 ish, if EHam doesn’t have much of a supporting cast. 

I think Cleveland has some Freshman that will move into the top 8-9 in the rotation that are better ball players than some of the current upperclass non-starters. 

Yes I believe you are 100% correct on this. The battle is definitely for 2nd. EHam has the best player but I believe Cleveland is better overall. Should be good games between those two. Right now I do not see either of those teams winning a region game tho. The top 4 in District 6AAA are all better than these two. 

4 hours ago, BasketballVol said:

Yes I believe you are 100% correct on this. The battle is definitely for 2nd. EHam has the best player but I believe Cleveland is better overall. Should be good games between those two. Right now I do not see either of those teams winning a region game tho. The top 4 in District 6AAA are all better than these two. 

Time will tell, but I’m thinking Stone & Bradley are head & shoulders above the rest; & 5AAA’s 2&3 and 6AAA’s 2-4 are all capable of winning & losing against the others. 

I saw them all play last year & that was the case last year. 

Will be curious to see if East Ham resigns themselves to being average or if they will push themselves to play better the rest of the season.  They have a tough schedule & will be battle tested by the end of the season.

39 minutes ago, bleedblackandgold said:

They did play at White County play day...  Bradley won by 10.

While this is true, the Spartans will say that was preseason and they had their top scorer on the bench with an injury.   I could argue the same thing by reminding people that Cookeville beat Bradley Central by 7 at MTSU team camp.  But I know they will say that was preseason or team camp yada yada yada.   The good news is that  6AAA and 5AAA will get to settle it all at the regionals when it counts.  

2 hours ago, LadyCavsFan said:

While this is true, the Spartans will say that was preseason and they had their top scorer on the bench with an injury.   I could argue the same thing by reminding people that Cookeville beat Bradley Central by 7 at MTSU team camp.  But I know they will say that was preseason or team camp yada yada yada.   The good news is that  6AAA and 5AAA will get to settle it all at the regionals when it counts.  

We did scrimmage Bradley. We lost by 9. Murray did not play, but she isn't our leading scorer. Thank goodness she didn't tear her acl and is back playing now. I'm glad we played Bradley because it will make us better. Some people seem to think scrimmages and summer camp games go on your record but they don't.  Now you have the facts.

1 hour ago, 90warrior said:

Also coffee co beat cookeville over the summer by 15 but that really doesnt matter.

Also true.   Like I said it’s a good thing we get to settle it all in a couple months.  

@85warrior she wasn’t the leading scorer from last season?  I thought she was.  Either way she is a big part of that offense.