Sunny More Pre seesun rankins

STARSNBARS

On 7/18/2019 at 10:12 PM, Swipes said:

Maybe you need to learn to read a little better.  I never said he should have been eligible  because his situation wasn't the same as the RB Linebacker since he didn't transfer the first year and stayed at West.  Here is exactly what i stated "Dad is the DC for Red Bank.  If a parent is employed by the School the kid can transfer there and not have to sit out as long as he transfers the first year the parent is employed at the school.  If he doesn't transfer that first year then he becomes ineligible at that school (It's exactly why Powell had to forfeit games last year and missed the Play-Offs).  If the LB at RB didn't transfer that first year from Cleveland to RB when his father took the DC Job he would have been ruled ineligible since he didn't change addresses. The LB at RB did it the correct way the RB at Powell did it the wrong way by  finishing the year at West and not transferring as soon as the parent took the job at Powell  . I was told they lived in Karns but one of the parents had a job working at Powell.  Since he finished the year at West the only two options would have been stay at West or Play at Karns in the zone the parents lived in since he didn't change schools that first year his parent worked at Powell. This why he was ruled ineligible and Powell said he had a bonafide change of address which would have been the only way he could have played last season at Powell which as we know caused them to forfeit those games. 

I never once said he is Eligible because of that reason I said key word "Maybe" since he already had a transfer to attend Powell since he lived in the Karns zone (How else do you think he went to school at Powell without a transfer filled out with Knox Co).  Knox Co giving a transfer to attend another school has nothing to do with how the TSSAA runs their rules.  If he sit's out a whole year why wouldn't he be Eligible if that's the School he attending now?  If you want to know how he is Eligible once again I tell you to give Powell a call.

What difference does it make where the player lives if you say he was ruled ineligible because he did not enrole  at Powell at the correct time his parent was hired at Powell as a certified teacher.      So if he was out of zone and enrolled at the wrong time at Powell according to the T$$AA the he should be ineligible for two years because he violated two transfer rules of the T$$AA.          Which one was it. Did he live out of the Powell zone or did he not transfer at the correct time his parent was hired as a certified teacher at Powell high school?

4 hours ago, BigTime1950 said:

What difference does it make where the player lives if you say he was ruled ineligible because he did not enrole  at Powell at the correct time his parent was hired at Powell as a certified teacher.      So if he was out of zone and enrolled at the wrong time at Powell according to the T$$AA the he should be ineligible for two years because he violated two transfer rules of the T$$AA.          Which one was it. Did he live out of the Powell zone or did he not transfer at the correct time his parent was hired as a certified teacher at Powell high school?

It is hard arguing with someone who doesn't even know the rules.  He didn't live in the Powell Zone and he didn't transfer at the correct time if you would learn to read!  If he would have moved when the parent was hired he would have been eligible no matter what zone he was in (The exact same way the LB at RB is eligible even though he lives in Cleveland).  Powell put that he had a bonafide change of address (Which was not true and the only way he would have been eligible last year since he didn't transfer when the parent was employed at Powell).  TSSAA doesn't give someone a double penalty like you are trying make it sound like it should be.  See rule below from the TSSAA.  He has to sit out 12 months from the date he enrolled at Powell (Which was last year) which makes him eligible to play this year.

Kid played at west.  Didn't enroll at Powell when parent was employed. (This takes the eligibility rule off the table for him unless a change of address was made).  Powell says he changed addresses (Which was turned in and found to be inaccurate).  Since he had an Athletic record and didn't change addresses then he has to sit out for a full 12 months from the date he enrolled at Powell to be eligible to play at Powell.  If the kid would have just enrolled at Powell when the parent was employed instead of staying the rest if the year at west then he would have been eligible and none of the other rules would have applied. (This is breaking it down to the most simple terms for you if you don't understand it then you have no hope)

"If the ineligible transfer student has an athletic record for the previous or current school year in any TSSAA sanctioned sport, the student will be ineligible to participate in the sport(s) in which an athletic record has been established. Any subsequent transfer to another school without a bona fide change of residence will cause the student to be ineligible for 12 months, in all TSSAA sanctioned sports, from the date of enrollment in the new school"

Edited by Swipes

21 minutes ago, Swipes said:

It is hard arguing with someone who doesn't even know the rules.  He didn't live in the Powell Zone and he didn't transfer at the correct time if you would learn to read!  If he would have moved when the parent was hired he would have been eligible no matter what zone he was in (The exact same way the LB at RB is eligible even though he lives in Cleveland).  Powell put that he had a bonafide change of address (Which was not true and the only way he would have been eligible last year since he didn't transfer when the parent was employed at Powell).  TSSAA doesn't give someone a double penalty like you are trying make it sound like it should be.  See rule below from the TSSAA.  He has to sit out 12 months from the date he enrolled at Powell (Which was last year) which makes him eligible to play this year 

"If the ineligible transfer student has an athletic record for the previous or current school year in any TSSAA sanctioned sport, the student will be ineligible to participate in the sport(s) in which an athletic record has been established. Any subsequent transfer to another school without a bona fide change of residence will cause the student to be ineligible for 12 months, in all TSSAA sanctioned sports, from the date of enrollment in the new school"

12 months from when? Start of season or his last participation in a game?                                                Like l said it does not make a difference where you live if you are trying to be eligible by attending a school your parent is a certified teacher. All you have to do is transfer when your parent takes the job as a certified teacher ,or if the parent takes a job at the school during the school year the player can stay at his old school and finish out the year, but the student must  transfer to the  new school his parent is hired at as a certified teacher at the beginning of the following school  year.      So you are telling me the the player in question stayed a West after the parent got the job as a certified teacher at Powell at the beginning of 2018.     Plus nothing was ever mentioned in any press report, tv , newspaper, or online media that the player was ruled ineligible because he violated the transfer rules pertaining to student athletes transferring to where their parents were hired as a certified teacher. Plus why would someone that was teaching at Powell just have one of their children attend school where they are teaching and leave the two children at Karns? Plus Powell said they made a clerical error on the players address. Powell thought the player lives in the Powell zone, they had to know where the parent lived, but Powell and Knox county did not know the parent and brother had two other siblings going to Karns?  That information is easily accessible by the administration at Powell. So what was the player ruled ineligible for? What you say or what T$$AA say and what all the media outlets say? And if you are right, then why didn't the media outlets make a retraction and T$$AA come out with a new statement on violation of eligibility?

27 minutes ago, BigTime1950 said:

12 months from when? Start of season or his last participation in a game?                                                Like l said it does not make a difference where you live if you are trying to be eligible by attending a school your parent is a certified teacher. All you have to do is transfer when your parent takes the job as a certified teacher ,or if the parent takes a job at the school during the school year the player can stay at his old school and finish out the year, but the student must  transfer to the  new school his parent is hired at as a certified teacher at the beginning of the following school  year.      So you are telling me the the player in question stayed a West after the parent got the job as a certified teacher at Powell at the beginning of 2018.     Plus nothing was ever mentioned in any press report, tv , newspaper, or online media that the player was ruled ineligible because he violated the transfer rules pertaining to student athletes transferring to where their parents were hired as a certified teacher. Plus why would someone that was teaching at Powell just have one of their children attend school where they are teaching and leave the two children at Karns? Plus Powell said they made a clerical error on the players address. Powell thought the player lives in the Powell zone, they had to know where the parent lived, but Powell and Knox county did not know the parent and brother had two other siblings going to Karns?  That information is easily accessible by the administration at Powell. So what was the player ruled ineligible for? What you say or what T$$AA say and what all the media outlets say? And if you are right, then why didn't the media outlets make a retraction and T$$AA come out with a new statement on violation of eligibility?

Please learn to read!  It is " from the date of enrollment in the new school" . There was nothing reported because he broke the Not having a bonafide change of address rule even though Powell said he hadn't changed addresses.  That's why the TSSAA fines them and made them forfeit the games.  The transferring when the parent was employed rule didn't apply since he didn't transfer when he could have to be eligible so why report on a rule that wasn't broken when the other one was.  Maybe the 2 other kids wanted to stay at Karns because they didn't want to leave friends, etc.  As a former coach I had a football player start for my team and his sister living in the same house was starting volleyball player for a different school. (Not private School either).  

If you think Powell has done something wrong again and he shouldn't be eligible to play then please make your case to the TSSAA.

35 minutes ago, Swipes said:

Please learn to read!  It is " from the date of enrollment in the new school" . There was nothing reported because he broke the Not having a bonafide change of address rule even though Powell said he hadn't changed addresses.  That's why the TSSAA fines them and made them forfeit the games.  The transferring when the parent was employed rule didn't apply since he didn't transfer when he could have to be eligible so why report on a rule that wasn't broken when the other one was.  Maybe the 2 other kids wanted to stay at Karns because they didn't want to leave friends, etc.  As a former coach I had a football player start for my team and his sister living in the same house was starting volleyball player for a different school. (Not private School either).  

If you think Powell has done something wrong again and he shouldn't be eligible to play then please make your case to the TSSAA.

Your explanations make you sound like a CL and Powell apologist. Why even bring up the RB player. Because you are trying to put the reason for the player being ineligible on him or his parent.     The only people or person responsible for the player being ineligible is CML and the Powell administration because they knew all of the facts and turned their heads to it so the could get a player illegally just to win a few games. CML and the Powell administration think they would win a state championship by breaking the rules, and they will get caught in the future. Why do that to a player and his teammates. Sacrifice a chance to win by going by the rules and get caught and ruin a season for players and parents that do it right. This way of thinking and operating will catch up with Powell. I don't need to call T$$AA because so many others will. Powell will be know as a cheater until CML decides he is not happy again and finds another job he thinks he can win a state tile at.

1 hour ago, BigTime1950 said:

Your explanations make you sound like a CL and Powell apologist. Why even bring up the RB player. Because you are trying to put the reason for the player being ineligible on him or his parent.     The only people or person responsible for the player being ineligible is CML and the Powell administration because they knew all of the facts and turned their heads to it so the could get a player illegally just to win a few games. CML and the Powell administration think they would win a state championship by breaking the rules, and they will get caught in the future. Why do that to a player and his teammates. Sacrifice a chance to win by going by the rules and get caught and ruin a season for players and parents that do it right. This way of thinking and operating will catch up with Powell. I don't need to call T$$AA because so many others will. Powell will be know as a cheater until CML decides he is not happy again and finds another job he thinks he can win a state tile at.

my explanation is the whole story.  I have no ties to Coach Lowe or Powell in general other than my team plays them week 1 this year.  Because the RB player did it the right way and could have been the same situation at Powell but that's not how it played out.  I have said multiple times on here "Powell put that he had a bonafide change of address (Which was not true), " This why he was ruled ineligible and Powell said he had a bonafide change of address which would have been the only way he could have played last season at Powell which as we know caused them to forfeit those games" No one said Powell did the right thing and no one is taking up for Powell. Powell paid their price and cost them going to the play-offs last year and now you just want to keep trying to bad mouth a programs with the kids and parents that do it right by your own words. Go cry somewhere else!

16 hours ago, Swipes said:

my explanation is the whole story.  I have no ties to Coach Lowe or Powell in general other than my team plays them week 1 this year.  Because the RB player did it the right way and could have been the same situation at Powell but that's not how it played out.  I have said multiple times on here "Powell put that he had a bonafide change of address (Which was not true), " This why he was ruled ineligible and Powell said he had a bonafide change of address which would have been the only way he could have played last season at Powell which as we know caused them to forfeit those games" No one said Powell did the right thing and no one is taking up for Powell. Powell paid their price and cost them going to the play-offs last year and now you just want to keep trying to bad mouth a programs with the kids and parents that do it right by your own words. Go cry somewhere else!

I said Powell administration and CML did it wrong and they hurt the parents and players that do it wrong. You were the one that came out of left field with the RB comparison. I think that story is some kind of dream you had. But if that is what you want to believe.       CML has such a bad reputation, and he has given his team such a bad reputation that other coaches from opposing teams don't even want to say high at a gathering of coaches. And he even stays away from coaches at events where multiple coaches are gathered.                      Just to win a game.

3 hours ago, BigTime1950 said:

I said Powell administration and CML did it wrong and they hurt the parents and players that do it wrong. You were the one that came out of left field with the RB comparison. I think that story is some kind of dream you had. But if that is what you want to believe.       CML has such a bad reputation, and he has given his team such a bad reputation that other coaches from opposing teams don't even want to say high at a gathering of coaches. And he even stays away from coaches at events where multiple coaches are gathered.                      Just to win a game.

It's what i was told by someone close to the situation not a dream.  I never once said the Powell administration or Coach Lowe did it right so get off your high horse.  So the administration did it wrong, the coach did it wrong and hurt the players that do it wrong is what you just stated.  I can guarantee Coach Lowe give's a rats tail what people think about him (That't who coach Lowe is) and know the Powell Community loves the man.  I've coached against him and he gets the most out of his players love him or hate him.  It's the same way people can't stand Rankin but his players would fight you in a heart beat for him.  I'm sure if Powell is doing something wrong again it will come out but as of Now that player is still at Powell and playing for them this year