Jamborees this year???

28 minutes ago, FridayMainEvent said:

We're trying to decide which jamborees to attend this year.   Please list the one your team will be playing in this year.  Location, date, teams involved and times if you have that available would be most helpful!   Thanks guys and look forward to meeting more of you guys this football season!

I posted this in an earlier thread.

I already know ours is too far out of the way for you, but I'll also say I wouldn't bother. We just mostly go through the motions at Jamborees to try and keep players healthy I believe. It's actually been boring the last few years and I'm not even sure I will attend this year.

August 16th

@Sweetwater High School

6:55 National Anthem

1st Qtr.  7:00 P.M.
 Loudon vs Tellico (H)

2nd Qtr.  7:30 P.M.
Meigs Co. vs. Lenoir City (H)

3rd Qtr.   8:00 P.M.
Sequoyah vs. Polk Co.  (H)

4th Qtr.  8:30 P.M.
McMinn Central vs. Sweetwater (H)

20 minute running clock
One time out each team per quarter.
Offense begins on 30 yd. line.
No live special teams. (Can line up and kick fg/pat/punt if you choose to do so. Punt is stepped off 35 yards if not punted. Spot will be where punt is caught or lands.
Warm ups is at each end of the soccer field.
Gate admission will be $7.00

Edited by Imthayeti

18 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

I already know ours is too far out of the way for you, but I'll also say I wouldn't bother. We just mostly go through the motions at Jamborees to try and keep players healthy I believe. It's actually been boring the last few years and I'm not even sure I will attend this year.

August 16th

@Sweetwater High School

Loudon vs Tellico (H)

20 minute running clock
No live special teams. (Can line up and kick fg/pat/punt if you choose to do so. Punt is stepped off 35 yards if not punted. Spot will be where punt is caught or lands.

Thanks partner!

1 hour ago, Imthayeti said:

August 16th

@Sweetwater High School

Loudon vs Tellico (H)

20 minute running clock

I might just go to this one!

Just now, Imthayeti said:

Doubt you will see much from Meigs, but you are more then welcome. Is your Jamboree on a different date? 

No but we play Alcoa and im not sure if Alcoa will use starters or not. And the rest of the games I'm just not interested in. You got Loudon Lenoir City and you all that's three of our games!

5 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

No but we play Alcoa and im not sure if Alcoa will use starters or not. And the rest of the games I'm just not interested in. You got Loudon Lenoir City and you all that's three of our games!

I am just as excited to see Central this year as my own team nearly. I'm curious if the new coach has them turned around somewhat. Sweetwater will be a nice challenge for them

13 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

I am just as excited to see Central this year as my own team nearly. I'm curious if the new coach has them turned around somewhat. Sweetwater will be a nice challenge for them

He is a very good coach but that is a very tough situation that he went into, it will take more than one year in my opinion to start seeing a difference going to take a culture change down there for those kids.

29 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

He is a very good coach but that is a very tough situation that he went into, it will take more than one year in my opinion to start seeing a difference going to take a culture change down there for those kids.

I think so too, but I'm hopeful. They haven't been real competitive for us since about 2014. Apparently they use to be a rival for Meigs. As least according to my stepson.