1. 1. Top Region Team in 2019

• Decatur Riverside
    • East Hickman
    • Hickman County
    • Houston County
    • Scotts Hill
    • Waverly Central

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/17/2019 at 11:00 PM

Seen some highlights from Hickmans scrimmage against Wayne County and it seems we have a few RBs that have speed and aren't afraid to lay the wood. And the starter RB was also destroying Wayne County OL. I hope for good things out of them this year. We also got assistant coach that coached the middle school here back in the 80s that left and won a high school state championship in Mississippi.

1 minute ago, Bulldogfan24 said:

Seen some highlights from Hickmans scrimmage against Wayne County and it seems we have a few RBs that have speed and aren't afraid to lay the wood. And the starter RB was also destroying Wayne County OL. I hope for good things out of them this year. We also got assistant coach that coached the middle school here back in the 80s that left and won a high school state championship in Mississippi.

Well good luck to Hickman County. Hickman use to be pretty tough idk what has happened to y’all.

1 minute ago, vandyfan1 said:

Well good luck to Hickman County. Hickman use to be pretty tough idk what has happened to y’all.

What I've heard is the HC doesn't do much conditioning and is stuck in his ways. We had one good year when he came here because the previous coach conditioned the players like they should be. He's a hometown guy and takes us to the playoffs (barely) with those two things I doubt the higher ups will fire him. 

I find it pretty interesting that everyone got at least one vote to win the region except Houston County. In my mind there's a clear favorite to finish first, and a pretty clear #2, Hickman can easily be 3'rd, and could challenge Riverside for 2'nd without shocking most people... from there down, I'd think Houston Co. could conceivably run the table, or at least go toe to toe and even give Hickman Co. a game. I like the effort put forth by our kids this spring and summer, and I have a feeling that when we "click" that we'll be better than people think, but we're not very deep, and the majority of our starters will be needed to play every snap that they are capable of. You either lose a lot of games that way, or you sacrifice a lot of talent and experience throughout the game in order remain competitive in the fourth quarter. I am confident that we'll be back in the conversation before long, but realistically, I'll be proud of the kids and their coaches if we can crack top four and get a playoff game.

EDIT... don't know how this got tagged with Bulldog24's post, wasn't intended.

While I'm here, my best guess at order of finish

1 Waverly... their region to lose. Lost a ton, but had a ton more.

2 Riverside... lost a lot of offense... did the defense survive?.. I think so, enough to hold on to #2.

3 Hickman Co... bring back the 3'rd best group... can they do better?.. look in the mirror.

4 Scotts Hill/Houston Co. … winner needs to beat one of the top three to get here, if not the head to head will decide.

East Hickman needs to be n much better, or someone else to fall way off from last season, or probably both... I don't think both.

Edited by tradertwo

2 hours ago, tradertwo said:

I find it pretty interesting that everyone got at least one vote to win the region except Houston County. In my mind there's a clear favorite to finish first, and a pretty clear #2, Hickman can easily be 3'rd, and could challenge Riverside for 2'nd without shocking most people... from there down, I'd think Houston Co. could conceivably run the table, or at least go toe to toe and even give Hickman Co. a game. I like the effort put forth by our kids this spring and summer, and I have a feeling that when we "click" that we'll be better than people think, but we're not very deep, and the majority of our starters will be needed to play every snap that they are capable of. You either lose a lot of games that way, or you sacrifice a lot of talent and experience throughout the game in order remain competitive in the fourth quarter. I am confident that we'll be back in the conversation before long, but realistically, I'll be proud of the kids and their coaches if we can crack top four and get a playoff game.

EDIT... don't know how this got tagged with Bulldog24's post, wasn't intended.

While I'm here, my best guess at order of finish

1 Waverly... their region to lose. Lost a ton, but had a ton more.

2 Riverside... lost a lot of offense... did the defense survive?.. I think so, enough to hold on to #2.

3 Hickman Co... bring back the 3'rd best group... can they do better?.. look in the mirror.

4 Scotts Hill/Houston Co. … winner needs to beat one of the top three to get here, if not the head to head will decide.

East Hickman needs to be n much better, or someone else to fall way off from last season, or probably both... I don't think both.

Just watched East Hickman and Mcewen scrimmage. It’s going to be a long year for East