LC Trousdale Scrimmage

shockernation

3 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I can only imagine that with Mays not playing there was a need to shuffle around some personnel on the o line. Could be wrong though b

I agree with that assesement.Not saying that's not whats happeneing.I'm just stating Puckett is a very good tight end.I'm sure it will work out.LC has some athletes.Gross is a good size young man.I'm sure 68 knows more whats going on with the team .Was just stating Puckett is really good.But lets not mention the other player?..lol

1 hour ago, mrbigster said:

Personally I agree..I figured it was cause coach may think he has a better chance at center at the next level.Young man is a beast .If I'm on the goal line or anywhere on the field needing a key 4th and 6 or 10.He'd be my target.I think I've seen him drop about 2 balls in 3 seasons.I'm sure against some teams,he'll be at end to get some so called glory or stats.Heck of a tight end and player.I'd think with him at tight end,the qb's Lc has,the receivers LC has,Tubbs doing different things,Snyder running and passing,just think LC would be more explosive this year with him at tight end and open things up.And still might before its over.Now if LC still had Johnson and running 8 of 10 plays,may be a good deal.Either way,think he'll excel at either spot or wherever he plays

Have you seen Campbell lately? He has put on the weight...and the right way! Kid probably could play 5 positions and be dominant...it’s called a luxury! I can see where some of this is mind boggling but it’s simple! I think coach Puckett has things just like he wants them! If we had gotten beaten up yesterday I’d say hey gotta make some changes...but we didn’t! It’s working...come watch a practice or scrimmage you will see and Enjoy! Remember I warned everyone earlier in the year about several kids changing positions 

Edited by shockernation

10 hours ago, 4thandGoal said:

Out of state on a work trip so wasn't able to attend. Sounds like two good teams met up and got some good work. Score doesn't mean a hill of beans in scrimmages. Good to hear we got some good work in against a quality opponent. 

Couldn’t agree more! At the end of the day both teams walked away healthy and a good test for both! Who cares about the score...saw good things outta both teams!

51 minutes ago, shockernation said:

Have you seen Campbell lately? He has put on the weight...and the right way! Kid probably could play 5 positions and be dominant...it’s called a luxury! I can see where some of this is mind boggling but it’s simple! I think coach Puckett has things just like he wants them! If we had gotten beaten up yesterday I’d say hey gotta make some changes...but we didn’t! It’s working...come watch a practice or scrimmage you will see and Enjoy! Remember I warned everyone earlier in the year about several kids changing positions 

Not since basketball.Im fine with it.Just that he can catch anything in his direction is all

53 minutes ago, shockernation said:

Yes you did.Im excited.And I know he can play most anywhere.I really like him.

Edited by mrbigster

12 hours ago, TCnation said:

Couple of questions for everyone. 

1) How did top 3-4 key players perform offensively/defensively? 

2) Any key players out for injury? 

Would love some insight from folks that watched the scrimmage. Good luck this season Lake County!

Ford had a few carries he looks good. Juice didn't get any offensive touches but he showed out on defense along with all the LB. The line needs some work but they look better than I thought they would. Hicks has some speed a lot of it needs to work on his pitches to RB has 3 fumbles. Rainey looks great at FB broke a long run and look like he has his speed back. The secondary needs to work on passes down the field other than that they look good still need some work but TC will have a very good season this year.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, TCnation said:

Couple of questions for everyone. 

1) How did top 3-4 key players perform offensively/defensively? 

2) Any key players out for injury? 

Would love some insight from folks that watched the scrimmage. Good luck this season Lake County!

Most of the kids that were out with injuries were younger kids. One lineman for TC did go down but he came back in and played. I think one of the secondary kids that played a lot last year had knee surgery and wasn't dress out.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, RTD said:

Ford had a few carries he looks good. Juice didn't get any offensive touches but he showed out on defense along with all the LB. The line needs some work but they look better than I thought they would. Hicks has some speed a lot of it needs to work on his pitches to RB has 3 fumbles. Rainey looks great at FB broke a long run and look like he has his speed back. The secondary needs to work on passes down the field other than that they look good still need some work but TC will have a very good season this year.

Seriously,just based on early assessment of LC,with you possibly knowing or seeing the teams in your area like South Pitts and Greenback,whats your take or early assessment?Does your gut tell you that they shouldn't overlook LC? Just curious ,no big deal.

Edited by mrbigster

12 minutes ago, shockernation said:

And now he can create the big holes up front! Yes the kid is awesome! And now you get Keyshon or the Wilson twins at end! It all looks really good...have faith! Gonna be a fun year 

Gross can be big.Looks like a body builder

Edited by mrbigster