Mcewen Vs Waverly Battle of Highway 70

Orangecountry

On 9/22/2019 at 7:23 PM, Trollin said:

On a side note...it was good to see that #### WHOOPIN McConnell and his lil mini wannabe  on the D took Friday night. Held to 7 points. Didn’t think that was possible... not gonna lie, kinda made my night

It just amazes me the lack of respect some of Waverly fans show to McConnell. He turned that program around and took them to the playoffs every year. With some deep runs also. 

3 hours ago, Bulldogfan24 said:

It just amazes me the lack of respect some of Waverly fans show to McConnell. He turned that program around and took them to the playoffs every year. With some deep runs also. 

Well as a Waverly Football alumni and supporter I appreciate what he did for our program, but, regardless of what outsiders like you think, a lot of people just didn’t like the guy and his side kick. As for me, I have my own personal reasons. That’s why you just need to worry about your little puppy dogs over in Hickman Co and keep your nose out of Waverly. For Waverly folk, it wasn’t just about winning football games. It was having the complete package for a Coach and I believe that’s what we have now. So good riddance.  

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Trollin said:

Well as a Waverly Football alumni and supporter I appreciate what he did for our program, but, regardless of what outsiders like you think, a lot of people just didn’t like the guy and his side kick. As for me, I have my own personal reasons. That’s why you just need to worry about your little puppy dogs over in Hickman Co and keep your nose out of Waverly. For Waverly folk, it wasn’t just about winning football games. It was having the complete package for a Coach and I believe that’s what we have now. So good riddance.  

I can't agree more . 

1 hour ago, Trollin said:

:roflol:You guys after having a 5 good seasons think your some power house program. Before him you were just some little kitten everyone stepped on!!! Yes I haven't been around McConnell to see what he was off the field. But the man sure made a winning program out of nothing in Waverly. He is either a heck of a coach or the one both had no business coaching! Which one is it? 

8 minutes ago, Bulldogfan24 said:

:roflol:You guys after having a 5 good seasons think your some power house program. Before him you were just some little kitten everyone stepped on!!! Yes I haven't been around McConnell to see what he was off the field. But the man sure made a winning program out of nothing in Waverly. He is either a heck of a coach or the one both had no business coaching! Which one is it? 

I could have coached Waverly With JD. Montez and stanfield. 

6 minutes ago, Bulldogfan24 said:

News flash... Waverly would have been good regardless of who was coach the last 4 years. We had the most talented class of kids to ever come through at once. And who ever said anything about a power house program? Nobody but you and I don’t see where your getting that opinion. He is a good coach, he has a great offense. Doesn’t mean the kids that played for him or the adults in the community liked him. Even Peabody peeps said in one thread, with that much talent and couldn’t get to state? Come on man. Get your head out of your rear.