Mcewen Vs Waverly Battle of Highway 70

Orangecountry

5 hours ago, Orangecountry said:

If McConnell was so great why did he never have any defense and boy was his offense complicated lol 

I've bit my tongue on this "never had a defense" thing as long as I can... If never before or never will again, Waverly had a ferocious defense in '16. We had to be averaging 40+ points per game that season and Waverly shut us down in the quarters. We managed 14 with a very potent offense... top 5 rushing, passing, and scoring in 2AA that season. Believe me, they were the real deal. 

14 hours ago, vandyfan1 said:

JD Gavin and Montez had nothing to do with the First season he was at waverly. Waverly has always had the talent always. It’s getting the kids that play basketball and baseball to play football. Look at what Smith did for us at QB. Guys the talent has always been there. Matt is a good coach but he his chasing his dream. Can’t blame the guy but a real coach that cared about the waverly program wouldn’t have left. Glad to see Matt doing good at Westview and glad to see Randal doing good in Waverly.

Exactly!!! Can't blame a guy for bettering himself. The two last coaches to leave Hickman on their own terms went to Huntingdon (where his wife is from) and the previous coach left to be a OC at the college level. I don't blame either one of them for leaving.

17 hours ago, Orangecountry said:

If McConnell was so great why did he never have any defense and boy was his offense complicated lol 

1. For his offense to be so complicated it sure didn't take long for the players to learn it.

2. You clearly don't know what a good defense looks like or you haven't watched much Waverly football. 

18 hours ago, Bulldogfan24 said:

You're statements just shows how ungrateful some of the fans in Waverly are. Probably another reason why he left.

Call it what ya want. Your not getting my point. This entire conversation is over me saying I enjoyed seeing them get their butts kicked. It was enjoyable. And I Hope I get the same joy this week. The reason it was enjoyable is not because he left Waverly. Not due to lack of respect for him and what he did for Waverly as a football coach. I know what he did and appreciated what he did for our program. I told him that when he left. I already mentioned that. I knew in 2014 he was only going to be in Waverly a few years because that’s what he told me. He told me his goals. I respect that. But what I don’t respect is his attitude, his temper, and his selfishness. It’s his way or no way. He is never wrong. And he will use you and then stab you in the back and leave you for dead. Like I said, my reasoning is personal and I’ll leave it at that. I’m sure a lot more ppl feel the way I do, I know they do because they have told me.  So don’t get on here and twist it and act like you know or think you know what I’m talking about. It has nothing to do with not having football respect for him. I have my opinion and my reasoning on saying what I said. It is what it is. He is gone. Boldin is here and I’m happy about that and I’d say a lot more ppl will agree with that. 

2 hours ago, Trollin said:

Call it what ya want. Your not getting my point. This entire conversation is over me saying I enjoyed seeing them get their butts kicked. It was enjoyable. And I Hope I get the same joy this week. The reason it was enjoyable is not because he left Waverly. Not due to lack of respect for him and what he did for Waverly as a football coach. I know what he did and appreciated what he did for our program. I told him that when he left. I already mentioned that. I knew in 2014 he was only going to be in Waverly a few years because that’s what he told me. He told me his goals. I respect that. But what I don’t respect is his attitude, his temper, and his selfishness. It’s his way or no way. He is never wrong. And he will use you and then stab you in the back and leave you for dead. Like I said, my reasoning is personal and I’ll leave it at that. I’m sure a lot more ppl feel the way I do, I know they do because they have told me.  So don’t get on here and twist it and act like you know or think you know what I’m talking about. It has nothing to do with not having football respect for him. I have my opinion and my reasoning on saying what I said. It is what it is. He is gone. Boldin is here and I’m happy about that and I’d say a lot more ppl will agree with that. 

I can agree with that.