Owls better than expected

OWLSSCHS

1 hour ago, OWLSSCHS said:

Well it seems the Owls may be better than most thought. 2 pretty dominant scrimmages against Westmoreland and White House. Thoughts?

Hate to bust the bubble but those aren't the old westmoreland and white house programs, happy for the owls that there seems to be some excitement, you should know more after Macon game, I expect them to take a step forward this year, will be a good test to see where you all are at. Good luck neighbor!

14 minutes ago, TCRadio said:

Hate to bust the bubble but those aren't the old westmoreland and white house programs, happy for the owls that there seems to be some excitement, you should know more after Macon game, I expect them to take a step forward this year, will be a good test to see where you all are at. Good luck neighbor!

I dont know what your thinking but i hope your correct. I can almost promise u macon wont beat smith.

1 hour ago, OWLSSCHS said:

Pretty sure Coach T is designed for fans to talk about football and this time of year it can only be expectations. Our coaches are not planning on beating teams based on the element of surprise...lol

Not necessarily, but people work on different things to get better in scrimmages. They're practices. A passing team may go outside of their wheelhouse and work on running more to get better, and vice versa.

Do I think SC will be better than most expect? Yes, and I like what I've seen out of Coach Murray and what he's doing with the team. However, my expectations for them, not that they matter, are based on returning talent, not necessarily scrimmage performance.

Maybe that makes you feel better about the way Gordonsville has performed in there scrimmages. There is no doubt scrimmages are for getting better and prepared but to think you use them to work on some off the wall offense or crazy defensive scheme is not reasonable. Come on Croz, all I am saying is the Owls seem to be headed in the right direction compared to 8 months ago when it looked like we would do good  to win a couple of games. Heck we may still only win a couple of games but  the program is looking better. The facilities look better, the players are bigger and stronger, and we are finally getting kids that were walking the halls back on the field. Croz, I do cheer for the big blue-- every night except for one.