Question for Maryville football

Elitesports4

9 hours ago, Elitesports4 said:

Who is #1 

what grade?

why doesn’t he start at receiver or dB?

starts at punt return and kick return he’s a speedster my guess is he’s young? 

D.J. Burks is a sophomore. He will see a lot of playing time. The two starting wr's are college bound is the reason Burks isn't starting there. Will see a lot of playing time and has a bright future.

42 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

D.J. Burks is a sophomore. He will see a lot of playing time. The two starting wr's are college bound is the reason Burks isn't starting there. Will see a lot of playing time and has a bright future.

Understood I would love him at a slot position with Aj davis and #2. I agree him and Aj davis May have several punt returns this year! I can’t lie I love what I see in Maryville QB is looking real good to me! Can’t lie UT recruit rb speed is a problem do you think he’ll play lb or convert to a fb?

39 minutes ago, Elitesports4 said:

Can’t lie UT recruit rb speed is a problem do you think he’ll play lb or convert to a fb?

Speed doesn't seem to be a problem to UT, Penn State, VPI, Purdue, and about a dozen other Power 5 programs that recruited him as a RB.  

3 hours ago, HTV said:

Speed doesn't seem to be a problem to UT, Penn State, VPI, Purdue, and about a dozen other Power 5 programs that recruited him as a RB.  

Wasn’t knocking him that’s why asked what position he will play. He’s slow for a running back is all.. every school you named is trash lol he’s a stud though no knock on him. I like him a lot at linebacker he’s big 

3 minutes ago, Elitesports4 said:

Wasn’t knocking him that’s why asked what position he will play. He’s slow for a running back is all.. every school you named is trash lol he’s a stud though no knock on him. I like him a lot at linebacker he’s big 

Just said you weren't knocking him then called him slow. Having seen Tee Hodge plenty of times against an elite defense, he's fast enough. Speed doesn't count for much in the SEC if you have to go the sidelines every time you get hit

45 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

Just said you weren't knocking him then called him slow. Having seen Tee Hodge plenty of times against an elite defense, he's fast enough. Speed doesn't count for much in the SEC if you have to go the sidelines every time you get hit

you took the words right out of my mouth.  Tee is a great powerful back.  His game fits right in with the SEC physical play.  Look at Jalen Hurd....He couldn't wait to get out of the SEC!  His body got destroyed running the rock.  He was lanky and fast!  Tee will be just fine at RB for TN!  He is a great complementary back to the speed backs that they already have their.   

1 hour ago, Elitesports4 said:

There are different backs for different situations.  

Some backs are "speed" backs who have to get the edge to make something happen.  

Some backs are power backs, following blocks to try to get what they can.  

Some backs are "every down" backs who may not be the fastest guys on the field, but they can go inside when needed, and get outside and play off of blocks to get yards. Those guys also have good hands and run pass routes well and catch the ball and run.   

Tee is an every down back and to call those schools I mentioned trash just pretty much proves you don't have a real clue.  

And it's amazing how many of those "speed" backs who allegedly run in the 4.3s and 4.4s suddenly become 4.5 and 4.6 guys once they get to campus or if they are fortunate enough to get there, at the NFL combine and in NFL pro days.  

But, by all means, I am sure that you know more than coaches at Power 5 schools do.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, keepitmoving said:

you took the words right out of my mouth.  Tee is a great powerful back.  His game fits right in with the SEC physical play.  Look at Jalen Hurd....He couldn't wait to get out of the SEC!  His body got destroyed running the rock.  He was lanky and fast!  Tee will be just fine at RB for TN!  He is a great complementary back to the speed backs that they already have their.   

While I didn't like the way he quit on his team at mid season, I don't think the lack of production from Hurd was a majority his fault.  He just wasn't a back whose skills were a fit for Butch's rinky dink whatever you want to call it offense.  A guy that big needs to be moving forward when he gets the football, not standing still, and specially as bad as our offensive line was.  

I put much more blame on Butch Jones for Hurd's issues than I do Hurd.  Butch promised Hurd that he was going to use more I-back type stuff to convince Hurd to come back for his junior year, then it turned out that Butch was just lying through his teeth like he did so many times during his tenure at UT.  

Hurd just wasn't a fit for that offense as a running back.  

And as it turns out, his departure was for the best when all was said and done.  He got a chance to be exposed to a completely different type of offense and at a position that much more fit his skills.   And it parlayed itself in to a spot on and NFL roster for him.