Question for Maryville football

Elitesports4

1 hour ago, MidTennFootball said:

Just said you weren't knocking him then called him slow. Having seen Tee Hodge plenty of times against an elite defense, he's fast enough. Speed doesn't count for much in the SEC if you have to go the sidelines every time you get hit

Calling someone slow isn’t a knock if that’s facts? You want me to say he’s a speedster? He does a lot of other things well! Georgia running backs are fast and the best in the sec! 

36 minutes ago, HTV said:

There are different backs for different situations.  

Some backs are "speed" backs who have to get the edge to make something happen.  

Some backs are power backs, following blocks to try to get what they can.  

Some backs are "every down" backs who may not be the fastest guys on the field, but they can go inside when needed, and get outside and play off of blocks to get yards. Those guys also have good hands and run pass routes well and catch the ball and run.   

Tee is an every down back and to call those schools I mentioned trash just pretty much proves you don't have a real clue.  

And it's amazing how many of those "speed" backs who allegedly run in the 4.3s and 4.4s suddenly become 4.5 and 4.6 guys once they get to campus or if they are fortunate enough to get there, at the NFL combine and in NFL pro days.  

But, by all means, I am sure that you know more than coaches at Power 5 schools do.  

How do I not have a real clue? The teams you name haven’t won their conference let alone made a playoff or even had a thought in the conversation? You made It like you said Alabama, Georgia, Oklahoma, LSU, or Clemson? It’s levels man. And I understand what type of back he is I’ve seen him awhile.. commenting on speed is no knock. They say tee Higgins is slow? Us oak ridge fans don’t cry about that?

51 minutes ago, keepitmoving said:

you took the words right out of my mouth.  Tee is a great powerful back.  His game fits right in with the SEC physical play.  Look at Jalen Hurd....He couldn't wait to get out of the SEC!  His body got destroyed running the rock.  He was lanky and fast!  Tee will be just fine at RB for TN!  He is a great complementary back to the speed backs that they already have their.   

That’s not why Hurd left lol! He didn’t like the formation of what they did to him. He’s going to be a stud you see him showing out in preseason already. He’s a big guy those guys did nothing to him.. you’re right a powerful back which is no knock on his speed just my opinion 

• Upvote 1

Tee is a fine young man, very respectful. Known him since he was five years old. He was built like a linebacker or running back in kindergarten.  I wish the very best for him. He has the speed and power when needed. The way he runs at times it appears he is slower, but it is deceptive. He is fast enough. He fits well in the Rebels system.

Having said that, I would love to see him at linebacker!  I believe he played linebacker as a freshman and sophomore.  I am sure there is some video of him at linebacker.  He can do either and I am excited he will get a chance to do either close to home. Kudos to his parents, he is a fine young man!

7 minutes ago, oldhick76 said:

Tee is a fine young man, very respectful. Known him since he was five years old. He was built like a linebacker or running back in kindergarten.  I wish the very best for him. He has the speed and power when needed. The way he runs at times it appears he is slower, but it is deceptive. He is fast enough. He fits well in the Rebels system.

Having said that, I would love to see him at linebacker!  I believe he played linebacker as a freshman and sophomore.  I am sure there is some video of him at linebacker.  He can do either and I am excited he will get a chance to do either close to home. Kudos to his parents, he is a fine young man!

+1

18 minutes ago, Elitesports4 said:

Calling someone slow isn’t a knock if that’s facts? You want me to say he’s a speedster? He does a lot of other things well! Georgia running backs are fast and the best in the sec! 

All I've seen is you offering up an opinion, not facts. Like HTV said, he's an every down back. In a game against an elite defense, a speedster is just gonna get swallowed up. Tee Hodge can move the sticks against an elite defense like Oakland that has SEC and P5 talent all over the place

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oldhick76 said:

He started at LB his freshman year.  Maryville had his bother, Isaiah Cobb, and a speedster whose name escapes me at the moment, at RB.  The coaches wanted to get Tee on the field somewhere.  

But, he's played very few snaps at LB since then, only in emergency situations.  

1 hour ago, oldhick76 said:

Yeah he’s awesome. I would love him at linebacker as well!

1 hour ago, MidTennFootball said:

All I've seen is you offering up an opinion, not facts. Like HTV said, he's an every down back. In a game against an elite defense, a speedster is just gonna get swallowed up. Tee Hodge can move the sticks against an elite defense like Oakland that has SEC and P5 talent all over the place

Nobody said he couldn’t?!!??

10 hours ago, pepvol said:

I thought Tee Ran a 4.4 something at Ky visit ? Tee is a great young man , I've enjoyed watching him in high school and I will in college too ! 

He did.  Tee is plenty fast enough.  He's not a burner, but that's not the type of running back he is.  Those burners are few and far between.  You see a whole lot more guys like Tee in Power 5 football than burners.  

Some people buy the low times that prospects allegedly run according to the pay sites.  Like I said, it's funny how those kids who allegedly run 4.3s suddenly turn in to 4.5/4.6 type guys once they get to an NFL combine or a pro day.