Alcoa vs Blackman

Jar2h

I've been cruising the board for years and decided to make an account. This is my first post and it's going to be a long one so bear with me. I really enjoyed the game last Friday and thought both teams tackled well and played tough football. With that being said I guess this post will start fueling the fire but it's just my honest assessment. I don't see any way that Alcoa plays with Maryville this year if Maryville is a 6A title contender. I haven't missed many Blackman games over the years and this may be the least talented team they have had in a good long while. So it was really shocking to me that Blackman kept it as close as they did. Now I know it's early and teams do improve a lot through the year But I believe Oakland would beat the two teams I saw badly. The Maryville Vs Alcoa game will be a great measuring stick on how 6A plays out in my opinion. If Maryville and Alcoa are equal, I personally believe Maryville won't have anything for Oakland come playoff time. With that being said it's obviously early and football is a very funny game sometimes. My eyes saw a "good" football team and not a "great" one. I know my post is slightly off the topic of this particular game but I always like to look ahead at the big picture and project how things play out. Lets be honest here, we are all awaiting Maryville vs Alcoa and Maryville vs Oakland. My prediction may be flat out wrong. It wouldn't be the first time.

40 minutes ago, Apachevol90 said:

I've been cruising the board for years and decided to make an account. This is my first post and it's going to be a long one so bear with me. I really enjoyed the game last Friday and thought both teams tackled well and played tough football. With that being said I guess this post will start fueling the fire but it's just my honest assessment. I don't see any way that Alcoa plays with Maryville this year if Maryville is a 6A title contender. I haven't missed many Blackman games over the years and this may be the least talented team they have had in a good long while. So it was really shocking to me that Blackman kept it as close as they did. Now I know it's early and teams do improve a lot through the year But I believe Oakland would beat the two teams I saw badly. The Maryville Vs Alcoa game will be a great measuring stick on how 6A plays out in my opinion. If Maryville and Alcoa are equal, I personally believe Maryville won't have anything for Oakland come playoff time. With that being said it's obviously early and football is a very funny game sometimes. My eyes saw a "good" football team and not a "great" one. I know my post is slightly off the topic of this particular game but I always like to look ahead at the big picture and project how things play out. Lets be honest here, we are all awaiting Maryville vs Alcoa and Maryville vs Oakland. My prediction may be flat out wrong. It wouldn't be the first time.

Last year

Alcoa beat Maryville and Maryville beat Oakland.

1 hour ago, Apachevol90 said:

3A Alcoa played and beat 6A Blackman last week,wait till after the Maryville game to compare.Some teams prepare for the teams they play THAT week.As far as Maryville and Oakland what does that have to do with this good win for Alcoa?

21 hours ago, Apachevol90 said:

First post huh?.......................Something stinks.:bored:

On August 29, 2019 at 4:58 PM, orngnblk said:

3A Alcoa played and beat 6A Blackman last week,wait till after the Maryville game to compare.Some teams prepare for the teams they play THAT week.As far as Maryville and Oakland what does that have to do with this good win for Alcoa?

they were the favorite. What makes it a good Win? Blackman hasn't been this down since 2007.