Alcoa vs Blackman

Jar2h

17 minutes ago, REBELRON said:

I understand what KWC is saying. Before the Ooltewah vs Maryville  game last season I was chatting with an Ooltewah fan parked beside me. He told me I can't believe Maryville lost to a 3A team. I  told him Alcoa wasn't a typical 3A team.  

REBELRON:

I do think that there are differences, but its hard to tell quite honestly. Alcoa has proven over the recent decade how elite of a program they have become. Others like Greeneville and Fulton, that I have never seen play, have had their day. The Melrose of the 90's, that witnessed up close and personal. You could argue for each under their own merits.

So when I hear a 'casual fan' ask, "How on earth did Whitehaven lose to little ole Lausanne?" Whitehaven will never live that down in some folks minds. I immediately know how knowledgeable of a fan I'm engaging in conversation, and have to remind myself literally to not get to upset with their lack of understanding.

Edited by kwc
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, GREYRIDERx said:

Schedule?

Alcoa's non region schedule, which is all they can really control,  is pretty tough. Blackman ( a school with over 3 X Alcoa's enrollment that is in the region that all of my mid TN friends say is the "SEC of HS "), DB a huge 6A school with the 2nd most wins in TN history and  6A Maryville, 16 X state champ with the most wins in TN history. We tried to schedule a couple of very local 6A schools in Maryville's region, but some folks are scared.

5 hours ago, GREYRIDERx said:

If # 30 for the Blaze hadnt gotten hurt it would have been tighter the 2nd half. He is a good downhill runner

He was tough. Hope it prepares us a little bit for the best downhill runner in the state in a few weeks.

On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 11:34 PM, BCsportsfan said:

Sam did a great job for his first start on the road. Give him time and he will be another great QB. His throw to the corner of the field to #7 Blankenship was perfect and won that game!

100 Percent agree. Sam showed some great touch on a couple of key passes. Keeps his cool. teammates love him.

On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 11:33 PM, Red Rebels said:

My point, that I didn’t make very well, Russell made everything look easy and normal even though it was high level QB play. 

you are also 100 percent correct.  That is a spot on description of Walker , especially last year.

18 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Great win guys!!!

Thanks brother. Glad to get this opening game with the long road trip behind us, learn from it and move on.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 32hammer said:

Actually that sounds pretty accurate. Winner of Oakland vs Maryville takes 6A again or is their a team from the other side that won't get hammered in the finals this year?

Ravenwood might be the most talented team in 6A this year and they would get Whitehaven there this year. I think all 4 teams have a pretty equal chance this year

• Like 1

20 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

This is silly......those Coaches had faith in their defense to make a stop. There was only 19.2 seconds. A squib kick could have been caught on the run and took to the endzone also. #28 has true 4.4/4.5 speed. You can't stand back a make excuses for just the plays that did NOT go right.

Alcoa could play the " ifs and buts" game even more. 1st qtr fumble inside their 10 yard line, a perfect pass thru the hands of the WR in the endzone, resulting in a field goal attempt.  Bad snap...cost another score. 2qtr TD call back on a touchy holding call. Another TD, where the ref called Alcoa's #8 down inches short of the endzone. TV announcers said the replay shows he clearly got IN. That's 28 points that only resulted in 3 points and people second guess coaches decision as the reason the Blaze lost. That's funny:lol:

First and far most, I am not a Blackman fan.  I don’t have a dog in the hunt.  And definitely could care less about the Alcoa football program.  And yes, from what I saw on Saturday, there is a HUGE coaching disparity between Blackman and Alcoa—not even close.  Go BA Eagles “Play anybody, anywhere, anytime.”

5 minutes ago, Reneg8d1 said:

First and far most, I am not a Blackman fan.  I don’t have a dog in the hunt.  And definitely could care less about the Alcoa football program.  And yes, from what I saw on Saturday, there is a HUGE coaching disparity between Blackman and Alcoa—not even close.  Go BA Eagles “Play anybody, anywhere, anytime.”

First of all, you must care a little or you wouldn’t have felt the need to go to a thread other than BA’s and post nonsense. Thanks anyway tho. :thumb: 

anybody, anywhere, anytime. :lol:

8 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

Alcoa and Pearl both have performed at a high level for so long that they're just not any 3A programs. I'll give Pearl-Cohn this, they'll play anyone, regardless of classification. The state as a whole only benefits when the best programs go out and play other great programs. I hope we can cut down the amount of classes so he's like this are occuring more often, even if it's just in the postseason

I totally agree! So whoever looking at blackman crazy for losing to Alcoa don't know football. Alcoa and PC are not just any 3A football team, so losing to either team is not anything to be ashamed of.