Lake County at Crockett County

lakecounty1968

2 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

Yeah I agree I wouldn’t have done it. I don’t think union city’s coach has ever bragged about beating anyone bad. He also said that when union city was in 1a they didn’t belong there. Well if tssaa says so they do 

Right.... I had someone tell me that there was some smack talk that went on.... I didn't realize the comments that were made until I listened to it myself...

Edited by GCPioneer

11 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

I just thought it was pretty gutsy of him to say...

I think everyone is missing the point. Bowling the last time LC play UC put 60 on the falcons and kept his starters in. Puckett didn't forget it and got the chance for some payback. Dresden better play the game of their lives next Friday or LC will try and put 60 or 70 on them. Dresden beat LC when Dresser Winn was a senior 66 to 0 at Dresden. The current players were freshmen that year and many started. So, if the opportunity arises LC will blow up the scoreboard. If a team beats someone 66 to 0 with their back ups that's one thing but leaving your starters in then you reap what you sow. I have seen Coach Puckett have mercy on many teams and he will this year also. Dresden nor Union City showed no mercy when playing LC and the falcons will show no mercy to those schools when the opportunity presents itself.

16 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

I would guess that as soon as this Lake County run is over, Puckett will be out.

This run will not be over for at least 2 more years. Then LC will have a few average years but talent is always here. I know Coach Puckett pretty well and imo he will be here for at least 2 more years. He and his family like it here.

Just now, lakecounty1968 said:

This run will not be over for at least 2 more years. Then LC will have a few average years but talent is always here. I know Coach Puckett pretty well and imo he will be here for at least 2 more years. He and his family like it here.

I don't think you make comments like that unless you plan on dipping out as soon as this talent pool runs its course.... he ain't playing Union City again if his teams are average....

1 minute ago, GCPioneer said:

I don't think you make comments like that unless you plan on dipping out as soon as this talent pool runs its course.... he ain't playing Union City again if his teams are average....

Like I said LC will be good for the next 2 years and then LC will be average for a couple of years. Average means competing for region title. UC will get their chance at revenge next season. LC didn't shy away from playing UC the schedules just never worked out. The last two years I think the falcons would have given UC all they wanted. Don't expect a coaching change in LC for at least 2 more years.

57 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

I think everyone is missing the point. Bowling the last time LC play UC put 60 on the falcons and kept his starters in. Puckett didn't forget it and got the chance for some payback. Dresden better play the game of their lives next Friday or LC will try and put 60 or 70 on them. Dresden beat LC when Dresser Winn was a senior 66 to 0 at Dresden. The current players were freshmen that year and many started. So, if the opportunity arises LC will blow up the scoreboard. If a team beats someone 66 to 0 with their back ups that's one thing but leaving your starters in then you reap what you sow. I have seen Coach Puckett have mercy on many teams and he will this year also. Dresden nor Union City showed no mercy when playing LC and the falcons will show no mercy to those schools when the opportunity presents itself.

It’s one thing to put a beat down on a opposing team as payback . It’s a whole different thing to brag about it on the radio. 

I think if you know Puckett that’s just his personality! He’s honestly one of those people that if you don’t like him he honestly could care less! He has a tough personality, he has a community that’s starving for success, and possibly he had a little fun! Call it what you want but he said what a lot of us were thinking? I’m honestly grateful the man takes the time on Saturday...all in fun! Again I owe that guy supper

1 hour ago, lakecounty1968 said:

I’m sure he does! Crappie fishing, duck hunting, and football! What more can a man ask for!

• Like 1