Week 2 Henry County @ Beech

OmahaPatriot

3 hours ago, GWAVE1 said:

Got real quiet on here.  Big game for both teams.  Beech looking for a little redemption from last year.  

Beech tries to treat this as business as usual. Not concerned with last year just working hard to get better. HC is always good and will bring it every game. 

Gwave1, Beech is the Gallatin of the 80’s. The players believe. The coaching staff is top notch. 

Looking for a good game!!!!

2 hours ago, PatriotNation said:

After a lot of thought on this game I have a prediction. I'm afraid Beech will get a little revenge. If it was later in the season I might not be saying this. Anyways here it goes:

Beech 21

HC 17

23-21 Big Red. A safety is the difference in this one, and HC gets a big win on the road. 

2 hours ago, PatriotNation said:

After a lot of thought on this game I have a prediction. I'm afraid Beech will get a little revenge. If it was later in the season I might not be saying this. Anyways here it goes:

Beech 21

HC 17

Kreager from the Tennessean actually predicts Henry County to win by your exact score. That one surprised me a bit.

Regardless of the score, I’m just hoping to see improvement from our young team from week to week. I expect the Beech defense to key in on our running game. We will likely have to hit some downfield passes to keep them honest. I believe we have the QB and receivers to do so, but I’m not sure about the pass blocking. Our run D is tough, however, and that is usually their bread and butter. I will say 24-14 Beech. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OmahaPatriot said:

23-21 Big Red. A safety is the difference in this one, and HC gets a big win on the road. 

I think the team with the fewest mistakes wins. HC travels well and will bring a good crowd to Shackle Island. 

This game will be won in the trenches!!!

Much respect to Henry County. They played a top notch team last week as did Beech. 

3 minutes ago, Director said:

I think the team with the fewest mistakes wins. HC travels well and will bring a good crowd to Shackle Island. 

This game will be won in the trenches!!!

Much respect to Henry County. They played a top notch team last week as did Beech. 

I think you are correct. I’m just showing my bias with that pick. This will be an extremely tough challenge for HC this week. I expect both teams to progress from week one, and hoping for a great game. I wasn’t going to make this one, but looks as if a schedule change on my part is going to allow it. Looking forward to a great atmosphere. Good luck to you guys!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MSURacer said:

Kreager from the Tennessean actually predicts Henry County to win by your exact score. That one surprised me a bit.

Regardless of the score, I’m just hoping to see improvement from our young team from week to week. I expect the Beech defense to key in on our running game. We will likely have to hit some downfield passes to keep them honest. I believe we have the QB and receivers to do so, but I’m not sure about the pass blocking. Our run D is tough, however, and that is usually their bread and butter. I will say 24-14 Beech. 

Great analysis. I almost want to think the young QB and receiving core have a breakout game Friday night. If given time of course. As sound as Beech will be on D, it’s just hard for me to pull the trigger on that thought.

• Upvote 1

I believe Beech somewhat contains our run game. HC connects on a few more passes than last week. Beech wont pass very well against HC. My main difference in this game is how well does Beech run the ball????? This I promise you will decide the game. If Beech runs the ball well they of course win the game I believe. If not then HC has a real shot! As always:

GO BIG RED!!!!!!

Edited by PatriotNation
  • Like 1

Looks like the weather is going to be perfect Friday night. Hope/believe HC will bring a big crowd. All high school athletes should be fortunate enough to get to play in a game like this one: two highly ranked teams, two great communities backing them, big crowd, bright lights. There is no sporting event better (for my money) than a good high school football game!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1