Week 2 Henry County @ Beech

OmahaPatriot

Kudos to Henry County. I really thought Beech would run off with it, but rivalry games are different. Your RB ran like a man possessed. Several times I thought he was down at the line and the next thing you know he is right at or past the marker. I honestly hate it for your kicker. Lots of pressure. Plenty of distance. A little wide right. I hope for his sake he can let it go. Good luck the rest of the season. Your fans are what high school football is about. This could very well be the first of two games this year with Beech.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, PatriotNation said:

Heartbreaking is the only word that comes to mind! One heck of a ball game! Evenly matched overall but Beech had the edge in special teams! Got to keep our heads up. We did improve! Most people had Beech has a favorite to get to Cookeville and if we make a short field goal we would have beat that team! Keep our heads up like I said! We will be ok be the end of the year!

Did not make the game, but listening to the radio it sounded like most of the positive plays that were not preceded by big hole by the offensive line were produced by Joe Travis on a limited number of plays. Same with the Haywood county game were the only touchdown was with Travis lined up at QB. It seems like the majority of the time the ball is in the hands of someone other than Travis, they need dominant blocking from the Oline to succeed. I know Foster has an injury, and Travis is counted on for defense, but are there not other options?

Edited by westtn1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, westtn1 said:

Did not make the game, but listening to the radio it sounded like most of the positive plays that were not preceded by big hole by the offensive line were produced by Joe Travis on a limited number of plays. Same with the Haywood county game were the only touchdown was with Travis lined up at Q B. It seems like the majority of the time the ball is in the hands of someone other than Travis they needs dominant blocking from the Oline to succeed. I know Foster has an injury, and Travis is counted on for defense, but are there not other options?

Donte Davis and Jamarcus Johnson ran the ball really well tonight. I agree I would like to see Travis more on offense since Foster is out. The word is Jayln Foster is going to be back next week. Fingers crossed! Either way from week 1 to week 2 I personally saw a much improved HC team! To be honest I'm more confident now that we will be a force come playoff time! When Foster comes back yall better get ready because he is about to unleash! Like I said there has been a lot of talk about Beech potentially making it to Cookeville this year. Well we took them to their limit with a freshman QB and our star RB out! Future is still bright! Chin up! 

GO BIG RED!

HC had some boys running the ball that were tough to bring down, if youre adding a "starting RB" to that mix Id be excited as a fan as well. Full disclosure though Beech was missing its starting center who anchors their OL and played most of the game without their starting FB/LB.  It will be fun if we happen to meet again in the playoffs.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, abo14 said:

HC had some boys running the ball that were tough to bring down, if youre adding a "starting RB" to that mix Id be excited as a fan as well. Full disclosure though Beech was missing its starting center who anchors their OL and played most of the game without their starting FB/LB.  It will be fun if we happen to meet again in the playoffs.

Absolutely and Beech/HC is always exciting every single time!!! 

6 minutes ago, abo14 said:

By the way Foster who is out with injury at RB had over 1,700 yards rushing last year and made highlight plays all the time last year. Should be interesting when he returns!

2 minutes ago, PatriotNation said:

By the way Foster who is out with injury at RB had over 1,700 yards rushing last year and made highlight plays all the time last year. Should be interesting when he returns!

HC running backs tonight were very physical and the coaching staff had a good game plan. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PatriotNation said:

Donte Davis and Jamarcus Johnson ran the ball really well tonight. I agree I would like to see Travis more on offense since Foster is out. The word is Jayln Foster is going to be back next week. Fingers crossed! Either way from week 1 to week 2 I personally saw a much improved HC team! To be honest I'm more confident now that we will be a force come playoff time! When Foster comes back yall better get ready because he is about to unleash! Like I said there has been a lot of talk about Beech potentially making it to Cookeville this year. Well we took them to their limit with a freshman QB and our star RB out! Future is still bright! Chin up! 

GO BIG RED!

Did you not see that #8 didn't play in the second half and was on crutches at the end?