AP 3A POLL

CHARGERFAN

On 10/10/2019 at 3:57 PM, MadHatter1 said:

Guarantee they dont out work uhs. Lol. They may have better talent. But no way they put in more work than the boys at uhs. It is not possible. 

I promise you that they do. Claiming they get all their kids from Knoxville is wrong too, I would say 90% of their kids play their entire careers for Alcoa from grasshoppers through high school. If there is one school they pick from the most it would be us (Maryville), but we gets just as many from them as they do from us.

Edited by JSamson7

On 10/10/2019 at 9:56 PM, MadHatter1 said:

As far as what the "team" does its not possible to put in more time. Trust me.  As far as what the "players" do in their own time your probably right. No area outside of knoxville has players more dedicated to the game. And thats not unique to Alcoa. Kids in the knoxville area train football year round. Kids in the upper cumberland work on the sports thats in season. Thats why across the board Knoxville is stronger at football. But most uc schools are decent and competitive through all sports. Football just isnt as important to pre high school athletes here as basketball and baseball. They will train and travel year round for those sports. 

Alcoa has had success in more sports than just football. Basketball, baseball, soccer, wrestling, track, etc. They're competing for TSSAA titles in every sport they play (boys and girls). Like BC said you need to get out from under that rock you reside.

Don't believe me? Ask one of the Upperman coaches about Alcoa's sports tradition. For the Alcoa folks in the know, his grandfather/grandmother lived on Remsen street for over half a century. His father was the head coach at Cookeville HS for a long time and brother currently coaches basketball at Maryville.

Edited by JSamson7

5 hours ago, MadHatter1 said:

Lord knows we dont want to be lumped together with LA some of the lowest class moves I have seen from football players was LA. And it starts at the top. Who was the running back yall had a couple of years ago that made the throat slash move after scoring a TD? Garbage. And a program that doesnt punish that behaviour is garbage. 

That's random. I have no idea what you're talking about with the throat slash. You're right that if it happened it is wrong.  Like I said, no excuses.

On 10/10/2019 at 3:01 PM, BCsportsfan said:

I did see Alcoa winning state championships before Rankin! Lots of them!

Exactly but Rankin didn't win a State Championship until he went to a bigger Metropolis like Murfreesboro or Alcoa that were surrounded by bigger areas to get players from. He couldn't do it at the smaller rural school because the talent wasn't there! I never once said Alcoa hadnt won any! Read

10 hours ago, JSamson7 said:

Alcoa has had success in more sports than just football. Basketball, baseball, soccer, wrestling, track, etc. They're competing for TSSAA titles in every sport they play (boys and girls). Like BC said you need to get out from under that rock you reside.

Don't believe me? Ask one of the Upperman coaches about Alcoa's sports tradition. For the Alcoa folks in the know, his grandfather/grandmother lived on Remsen street for over half a century. His father was the head coach at Cookeville HS for a long time and brother currently coaches basketball at Maryville.

Well we werent great at basketball last year. And we beat them. So.....

11 hours ago, JSamson7 said:

I promise you that they do. Claiming they get all their kids from Knoxville is wrong too, I would say 90% of their kids play their entire careers for Alcoa from grasshoppers through high school. If there is one school they pick from the most it would be us (Maryville), but we gets just as many from them as they do from us.

So 30% of their students are out of county. But 90%  of their football players are home grown? I would assume with their success they carry 100 or more players. Yet the youth picture posted had 20 players or so. Math doesnt add up somewhere. 

2 minutes ago, MadHatter1 said:

So 30% of their students are out of county. But 90%  of their football players are home grown? I would assume with their success they carry 100 or more players. Yet the youth picture posted had 20 players or so. Math doesnt add up somewhere. 

30% of their students are not from out of the county Mister Wizard.