Dyer County at Bolivar

WestTNroundball

19 hours ago, OrangeGuru said:

Looks like this game is happening. I was looking for something about football and looked over on the TSSAA website under basketball. On Dec 3rd it said Bolivar will be at Dyer County. Does give any info before that and doesn't denote its a HOF game either. Maybe and hopefully so, there might be a home and home.  

Bolivar is going to run them

• Like 1

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/24/2019 at 1:06 PM, OrangeGuru said:

Looks like this game is happening. I was looking for something about football and looked over on the TSSAA website under basketball. On Dec 3rd it said Bolivar will be at Dyer County. Does give any info before that and doesn't denote its a HOF game either. Maybe and hopefully so, there might be a home and home.  

December 3rd is probably too late for HOF.  It could be ab good game or it could be ugly since it's so early. DC has the benefit to schedule a lot of out of district games since the district is small.

On 9/26/2019 at 4:44 PM, OrangeGuru said:

Sounds like be great game then. Thinking DC will be a surprise too. 

I have seen both teams. Dyer County has more depth and can play the bench if needed. Not saying Bolivar will not be good because they do have a really strong team but I see the Choctaws winning it. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/5/2019 at 10:03 AM, WestTNroundball said:

Ima say Bolivar by 12, I just don't think Dyer county can keep up with them.

Spoiler Alert.  Dyer County will not be at full strength for Tuesday night's game. My understanding is 5 of the basketball team members will not be available due to being members of Football Team and preparing for the 3rd round of State Playoffs against Henry County this Friday night.  Two of the 5 are significant  contributors to the basketball team being starters. Bolivar will not get a full measure of DC'ssquad but that just how the cookie crumbles. Hate it because would have been much better game. 

Looks like Boliver took game 1 but wasnt by much. Kid for Boliver can shot. Team has quickness. DC came out cold as refrigerator chicken but got back in the game. But really 4 charges in 6 trips down the floor? Lol. Looking forward to seeing the game in December. DC should be at full strength with kids playing football back to the hardwood.