SOUTH GREENE AT COCKE COUNTY

GCFB

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, THE KING said:

Don't know anything about cocke county but sg is a good football team.  Your coach needs to keep it on the ground.  Your o-line is too good to waste plays on half back passes when you're dominant on the ground. 

Very true, seems like the adults on the side line are the weakest part of the SG team. But everyone in Greene County already knew that going into the season.

2 hours ago, GCFB said:

2A vs. 5A

Got pretty ugly last year!

Can SG make it a game this year.

Yes it was ugly last year. They were a tough week 3. This year on the road it will be just as difficult and maybe downright impossible if our defense gets complacent and lazy like they did against Cloudland. Cocke co is big and they balance the pass and the run. They have a couple of good targets to throw to so our secondary will be tested.  Because of their size our DL will have to muscle through and get to the QB some which we haven’t done yet. So yes it seems like a big task but doable with a more consistent effort on both O and D. Cocke co had a big graduating class and have some holes to fill. I’d like to see us exploit a few.  I think our OL can match up but we have to play better D and get to the Qb. #24 is one to watch. He’s a hard runner. We need to kick away from him. 

2 hours ago, GCFB said:

Very true, seems like the adults on the side line are the weakest part of the SG team. But everyone in Greene County already knew that going into the season.

Sounds like somebody has something to fear, otherwise you wouldn’t have stooped that low, dude. Just sayin’

2 hours ago, RebRebReb said:

Bahahahahahaha

Care to elaborate? 

Sure, I'm not putting anyone down. It's no different than saying a teams O line is weak or a teams linebackers can't tackle or a receiver can't catch. All I'm saying is you take to head coaches that collectively have won about 10 games in last 10 years and put them together on the same team, then all of a sudden they have some success last year. It's not like they changed there coaching styles or suddenly learned how to win. They obviously had a lot of size and talent.