Oak Ridge vs Campbell County

CardinalGrey

31 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

The Cold War ended.

Cleverly stated and probably very accurate.

My response to the  original question about what happened to Oak Ridge would be to relax and let the season play out. Also, keep in mind if you are basing your opinions on Oak Ridge this season by reading CoachT, you are not getting the full picture. You are simply getting opinions of fans. They are opinions from dedicated fans for sure. Personally, my opinion is most likely the most useless of any. To get the Big Picture, you would need to hear from the players, parents, coaches, teachers, the AD, the Boosters, the Quarterback Club, opposing coaches, the media ( David Clary ) and more fans that are not on here.

IMHO, I doubt this team will be called the weakest / worst Oak Ridge team of all-time at season's end. There will be wins and some against quality opponents. The chase for the four Playoff spots hasn't even started yet. It begins this Friday, though, so progress / improvement must be made this week. I hope my opinion comes true and the Wildcats earn a playoff spot, win a playoff game or two and all this talk about this being the worst team disappears.

Imagine you are on the team and you find out people are calling you the worst ever? My hope is the players get pissed, close ranks, work, work, work and prove people wrong. I bet the people who have said this is the worst team probably want to be proven wrong. I don't think any fans here want bad for the program. They are just giving their opinion. I have to respect that because I hope people give me my right to have an opinion.

Now, OAK RIDGE, YOU GOT THIS, STICK TOGETHER and ROLL BABY ROLL UNTIL THE GAME IS OVER!

• Like 1

Who wants to watch some Campbell County Football?

Go to     1450wlaf.com

Scroll down to the Orange Cougar Paw

Look for these words    It's Game Day!  WATCH     Click on the word Watch, it is a link

Look on Left side and Click   Full Schedule & Archives

Select to watch the Cocke County game then the Carter game

I am pretty sure the Oak Ridge game will be shown live on Roku TV, Amazon Fire Stick and Facebook. Maybe on the 1450wlaf.com site as well. If wanting to watch on Facebook try going to FB and search for WLAF 1450 AM, 100.9 FM, TV Channel 12, Honey bee. Look for the game there. 

* WARNING...if you don't go to the game and for some reason it doesn't get shown online don't blame me. I have done my best finding this stuff.

OH, I DO HAVE some more Campbell County football video. I have their Kick Off Classic scrimmage against Austin East. Poor video quality though. A Preseason Wrap up video that is 5: 00  minutes long and includes some of the CCHS vs Knox. Central scrimmage. Another video is a 2019 Hype Video that is 1:00 minute long. I just figured the Cocke County and Carter game video was enough. Watch the Carter game to the end, it is a doozie as time runs out.

Edited by WillieTheWildcats

2 hours ago, 2011Class said:

If OR losses this one i see 0-5 start possibly only winning 1 or 2 games all season the schedules to tough

You make good points about the tough schedule although only winning 1 or 2 is something I can't wrap my brain around. I am still working under the thinking Oak Ridge turns this mess around starting Friday. As long as it is a possibility, I am going to think positive and support the players and coaches. I am not saying you are not doing the same. I have come to realize that some of the most negative people on here are actually some of the best fans. They just show it in a different way.

It is not going to be easy but Come On Cats, You Got This! RWR!

Stay interested in the program 2011Class. Things will get better but it will take time.

13 hours ago, 4thandGoal said:

What happened to Oak Ridge? Not bashing at all. I just remember when they were always in the conversation for the 3A title when there were just 3 classes.

The school had a lot more students back then and had amazing talent all over place.But the people that act like Oak Ridge don't have talent anymore is crazy.They should've won in 2005.Cant remember the yrs but Oak Ridge was playing up a class and could've won 2 titles if they was playing where they should've been.Tee Higgins is the most talented player to come thru East TN(or all of) in a long time and his last 2 yrs could've been state title.He did get hurt in 1st half at really close loss in playoffs one of those yrs.Then you have the last 2 yrs where a private school knocked them out.So Oak Ridge has had good enough teams to win it all and couldn't get over the hump.This is 1st really bad team in about 15 yrs that I can remember.They also have won plenty of region titles.Another really good group of talent coming up now in middle school and 9th grade but will the coaches be able to keep them playing and if they do can they get the most out of them.

10 hours ago, STILLNUM1 said:

The school had a lot more students back then and had amazing talent all over place.But the people that act like Oak Ridge don't have talent anymore is crazy.They should've won in 2005.Cant remember the yrs but Oak Ridge was playing up a class and could've won 2 titles if they was playing where they should've been.Tee Higgins is the most talented player to come thru East TN(or all of) in a long time and his last 2 yrs could've been state title.He did get hurt in 1st half at really close loss in playoffs one of those yrs.Then you have the last 2 yrs where a private school knocked them out.So Oak Ridge has had good enough teams together win it all and couldn't get over the hump.This is 1st really bad team in about 15 yrs that I can remember.They also have won plenty of region titles.Another really good group of talent coming up now in middle school and 9th grade but will the coaches be able to keep them playing and if they do can they get the most out of them.

Well said. People are going a bit overboard with the whole Oak Ridge doesn’t have good teams anymore shenanigans. We have had plenty of quality teams since the end of the Cold War, that’s just silly. In the 90s we had Riverdale to contend with. Those same teams would still probably be winning titles if they were playing today. That’s how good they were. Before 2013 we had to contend with Maryville. We gave Maryville all they wanted in 10 & 12 and gave them a few tough games in the regular season from 09-12 too. Who else beat Maryville during that time? Yeah, not many. 

We lost to freaking Karns in 1986 and went I think 3-7 and everyone thought that was the end. We had a few awful years in the Stevens era and everyone thought that was the end, but nope, we always get back on the winning path eventually. Oak Ridge is far from done. We still have quite a bit of talent and credit to us, 98% of the kids are born and raised here, so you’re gonna have down periods every now and again in a smaller town like here, along with there not being very many younger kids as a whole in OR. It’s mainly an old folks town for the most part. We may be down for now, but we ain’t out.

Edited by SweetScience
  • Like 2

Didn't Stevens go to the State Championship? 1 of 3 years state championship what other coach has done that? I guess the other 2 years was awful.  Just asking wasn't back yet. I remember Young went 4-6 1 year in 80s when I lived there. If Pruitt made it to National Championship playoffs then lost in Bowl game then not make Bowl game 1 of those years would we consider those three years dismall? Fulmer won 1 and considered the greatest Tennessee coach. Just asking. Oak Ridge has a great program. They do it the right way. They play anybody. So far they lost to 2 6A schools that are not at the bottom of their regions. As someone said earlier, let season playout. And remember (I'm retired) but what if our jobs had a blog spot to talk about how we screw up at work. Support the kids.

Edited by GIJoe
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, GIJoe said:

Didn't Stevens go to the State Championship? 1 of 3 years state championship what other coach has done that? I guess the other 2 years was awful.  Just asking wasn't back yet. I remember Young went 4-6 1 year in 80s when I lived there. If Pruitt made it to National Championship playoffs then lost in Bowl game then not make Bowl game 1 of those years would we consider those three years dismall? Fulmer won 1 and considered the greatest Tennessee coach. Just asking. Oak Ridge has a great program. They do it the right way. They play anybody. So far they lost to 2 6A schools that are not at the bottom of their regions. As someone said earlier, let season playout. And remember (I'm retired) but what if our jobs had a blog spot to talk about how we screw up at work. Support the kids.

Yeah, I believe 86 was the year we went 4-6, not 3-7 as I said before. Either way it was an awful year by our standards. Yeah, Stevens inherited a team his first year that (no offense) you or I could’ve taken to the state championship in 2005. That team was loaded, stacked, whatever you wanna call it. His other only decent season was I think in 07 when we went 8-3?? Just ask anybody from Middle TN on here that knows anything about football. He’s not a very good coach, to put it mildly. Great guy I’m sure, but very mediocre football coach.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Yeah, I believe 86 was the year we went 4-6, not 3-7 as I said before. Either way it was an awful year by our standards. Yeah, Stevens inherited a team his first year that (no offense) you or I could’ve taken to the state championship in 2005. That team was loaded, stacked, whatever you wanna call it. His other only decent season was I think in 07 when we went 8-3?? Just ask anybody from Middle TN on here that knows anything about football. He’s not a very good coach, to put it mildly. Great guy I’m sure, but very mediocre football coach.

I'm actually impressed Stevens couldn't find a way to screw that team up 

20 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Haha I know how highly you think of SS as a coach ha.

I can stomach incompetence to a degree. What I can't stomach is just not caring. Their numbers are low, so is their attendance and I don't blame them. When you allow a guy to hang on for way too long like that, how can you justify asking people to spend their money watching a terrible program. I hate it for the kids, they deserve better

If you get rid of the principal and hire a good, young assistant coach, LaVergne would be winning 7-8 games every season almost immediately and could see them being in the mold of a Cane Ridge or Hillsboro, but that's never going to happen. Off my soapbox now

Sweet said, " We ain't out. "

GIJoe said, " Support the kids. "

From out of the hills of Tennessee, two Wildcats ride spreading the news that the death of Oak Ridge has been greatly misrepresented. 

To support Sweet's quote check out the Robertsville Middle school's undefeated team. A Ram to remember is Tee Higgins' # 1 fan Casen Jenkins. Hard worker, high football IQ, tough and smart. It will be interesting to see what position his body grows into. Right now, he is a WR but I can see him getting bigger and stronger and being an impact player on both sides of the ball.

To back up GIJoe's call for community support...heck...I don't need to back it up...Joe said all that needs to be said...if you are an Oak Ridger born or transplanted " SUPPORT THE KIDS. "

If you are in any position to start a fire under a Wildcat player DO IT! Parents have a heart to heart /  gut check with your son. Neighbors yell across the lawn or street a word of encouragement to a player. Youth coaches reach our an connect with your former players. Teachers let the players know you care. Students keep it real with your friends and tell them to step it up.

WE ARE THE COMMUNITY OF OAK RIDGE! THEY MAY HATE US BUT MAKE THEM RESPECT US! 

A special shout out to fans from other teams who have come on Oak Ridge treads and offered well wishes. It is appreciated.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1