The real reason Blount County loses players to the City Schools.

BarneySox2007

I agree 100%...but there may be a cheaper way to handle the ship jumping...the city schools quit wasting so many resources on athletics. It is kind of ridiculous when you count all the facilities and paid positions in order to have coaches. It is a minority of the student body. Next thing you know, the tix prices will go up!

Now since that ain’t gonna happen, I suggest the county schools fold (or combine between schools) some of their athletic programs. That would make more people happy than it would pi$$ off. They could somehow incorporate the transfer portal.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, strongx said:

I agree 100%...but there may be a cheaper way to handle the ship jumping...the city schools quit wasting so many resources on athletics. It is kind of ridiculous when you count all the facilities and paid positions in order to have coaches. It is a minority of the student body. Next thing you know, the tix prices will go up!

Now since that ain’t gonna happen, I suggest the county schools fold (or combine between schools) some of their athletic programs. That would make more people happy than it would pi$$ off. They could somehow incorporate the transfer portal.

In theory it sounds good but in real life you combine Heritage's 41 varsity players with William Blount's 47 and I will bet you only 52 come out for football because of the distance of travel and other reasons. They also just spent a ton of money updating both stadiums, scoreboards and parking lots which would be a waste. You then still have to decide to used the schools locker room that has no air or the one that smells like a sewer. Fix the problem for ! Mil or pass the buck and let Ogle, Elrod and Baril skin the county's butt for a couple of Mil when a couple of kids get sick.

• Upvote 1